Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your favorite incenses

Sandalwood, Frankincense, and Dragon's Blood.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
    -Euripedes

No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim.
    -W. Emerson Wright

Amber, Jasmine, Iris, Gardenia & Rose.

So far my best brands are Satya, Hem and Gonesh.

There is one from Satya called "Blessings" that is really lovely. It reminds me of another incense I used to buy...I recall the box was a redish-pink with a lady on a lotus on it and it was called "Lakshmi" and it was just a beautiful scent.

Dragon's Blood is cool along with Patchouli, rose, and whatever tickles my nose.

When I was in Missouri for a couple of years I bought this hand-crafted incense sticks called "Witches Brew" and it had a beautiful smell that was a combination of gentle sweet, herby/spice and it was just a nice one. I think it came from a place called "Goddess Herbs and candles" or something like that; sadly I cannot get it anymore so that is a bummer.

(I will look up thru old archives for that name combo and see if I can find it!) I found a recipe for a perfume produced in 2011? That I was going to try to model a oil like to make some incense sticks it was called "Alien" will make some changes but more importantly what to name it? hmmmm
    [SIGPIC] Kim

Lately, my favorites have been Almond, Saffron, Tulip, and some kind called Anti-Stress (I don't mind non-ingredient-based names for incense, but I wish they would also list what's in it...).
    Blessings,
    P. Rex

My website: http://www.bookofspirals.com
    My blog: http://www.bookofspirals.com/blog
    An ezine I co-founded: http://spiraltree.weebly.com

My carrier oil is Almond oil, and that's what I really, really liked about this one site you could look up any "perfume" and it would give you what "scents" were used to make that specific perfume.. went all the way back to the early 1910's and 20's even.....

I am definitely going to remake just a tiny (1/4 ?) bottle each of my mom's (Emeraude 1923?) and grandma's (White Shoulders 1945-7?) perfumes I remember so well from childhood.... the bad part is they don't really cover the "names" for incense like what I have been checking for.... Like you I really wish they would list all that is in them.... but there are a lot of free recipes scattered through-out the net...
    [SIGPIC] Kim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3