Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Military Tarot

So I think I have decided to go with the second Barracks Rat that I posted. After looking over them some more, I like the way that you can see the can of Rockstar, and to me that screams GAMER that is trying to stay up to finish the game. Right now, I am trying to see what I can do to make some copies of the deck available. Since I am printing them out myself, it is a little time consuming just to get them printed and ready to go. I have considered submitting them to a publisher as a "concept" for a deck, and seeing how that would go, but right now Im not sure. Maybe if I can get enough interest, I will look into getting them professionally printed.
    As far as the deck being finished, I still have to get off my lazy butt and get the final two pictures that I need, and it will be complete. Guess I should get cracking on that LOL.
    Check out my new blog discussing my life as a Soldier Witch
    Check out my Picassa Album

The sooner you begin to prepare, the better your future will be.

I think that the marines should be fire and swords should be air force since the symbol for air is the sword... just an observation. The idea of having a military tarot deck is very intriguing indeed. I think for the death card a picture of Arlington National Cemetery would be a nice complement, if you dont take the meaning to literally. again just an Observation.
    Fort Sill Wiccan/Pagan DFGL

Ok Sue, I hope u find someone to help u with them, let us know if u need help, I want a copy of it some how.

What are the last two pics gonna be?
    Are u better? Just wondering so that the problems stayed solved.
    Last edited by Jackie79; February 6th, 2011 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rnaroundsue82 View Post
    So I think I have decided to go with the second Barracks Rat that I posted. After looking over them some more, I like the way that you can see the can of Rockstar, and to me that screams GAMER that is trying to stay up to finish the game. Right now, I am trying to see what I can do to make some copies of the deck available. Since I am printing them out myself, it is a little time consuming just to get them printed and ready to go. I have considered submitting them to a publisher as a "concept" for a deck, and seeing how that would go, but right now Im not sure. Maybe if I can get enough interest, I will look into getting them professionally printed.
    As far as the deck being finished, I still have to get off my lazy butt and get the final two pictures that I need, and it will be complete. Guess I should get cracking on that LOL.
    Let me know what you want for the last two pics and I'll see what I can do! It's been so much fun helping you with this!!
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

Quote Originally Posted by MinisterofWolves View Post
    I think that the marines should be fire and swords should be air force since the symbol for air is the sword... just an observation. The idea of having a military tarot deck is very intriguing indeed. I think for the death card a picture of Arlington National Cemetery would be a nice complement, if you dont take the meaning to literally. again just an Observation.
    I had naturally assumed that's what it was

Army - Earth
    Air Force - Air
    Marines - Fire
    Navy - Water

I think that if it weren't for the intensity of the Marines, they could be either Earth or Fire, but as it is, I only see them as Fire.
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

I want to help to if I can

They way i saw it listed was that swords was marines and wands was airforce... just to my knowledge swords represented air therefore airforce should have been chosen for air.... again imo... or either that i totally read it all wrong.
    Fort Sill Wiccan/Pagan DFGL

every one has their opinions

As far as the suits go, its kind of open to interpretation to what someone would feel "right" with. When I made the list, it was more of a literal interpretation (ie. Navy=Ships=Cups, Marine Corps=Sabres=Wands). Since the only image on the Minors is the Rank Insignia, it could easily be changed to suit each persons reading style.

Quote Originally Posted by MinisterofWolves View Post
    . I think for the death card a picture of Arlington National Cemetery would be a nice complement, if you dont take the meaning to literally. again just an Observation.
    I was kind of trying to get away from the more "morbid" aspects of that card. For me its more about remembering and learning from the past. Thats why I went the way I did, but that would have been a good way to go as well.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast