Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Military Tarot

Yeah, I like them. Did you see the picture I put up for the Medic?
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

Now that you mention it THANK YOU! That was the picture that I had been looking for.
    Check out my new blog discussing my life as a Soldier Witch
    Check out my Picassa Album

The sooner you begin to prepare, the better your future will be.

ooooooo, nice! If you need any more help finding pictures or anything, let me know, I'm good at hunting down graphics!

So instead of trying to post one by one, what I have completed so far, Ive uploaded them to my Picasa album. As it stands now, all of the Minors and Court cards are done, along with some of the Majors. Some of the Majors are ones that I did to get my creative juices flowing and will change as soon as I get back to NC to get the photos taken (currently on leave in Illinois!!!) Im pretty happy with the way it is going, and have been working on "write-ups" for some of the cards as I go along, as well as making some changes to what the cards will actually be... Instead of the General, it will now be The Spouse. (etc). Ill still post here, as I get them done, but this seemed like an easier way to get the ones that were completed posted. Thank you to everyone who has provided input, feedback and ideas and advice so far. It is greatly appreciated.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rnaroundsue82

So I know its been a while since I posted an update, but I have been on leave, and really didnt have time to work on my deck, plus I wasnt really inspired lately. What I have been doing is reworking some of the cards that I havent completed yet, the ones that I wasnt completly satisfied where they were going. (IE, the attached cards, as well as changing the moon the Spouse). Ive also been working on write up for some of the cards, as well as how I want to layout some pictures that I will taking, along with changing the order of a couple of the Court Cards. As always, I hope you enjoy what I have come up with.

if you need any help, let me know!!

Thanks Sharizzy, I actually have a question... do you have an MWR/USO where you are at? If you do let me know, and I might have a picture that I would like you to take for me if you can (nothing complicated, real simple)...

I was finally able to get the picture that I was wanting for my Airborne card. For anyone that isn't familiar, his "name" is "Iron Mike" and he's a tribute to Paratroopers.

This whole project has really helped me to better understand the meanings of the cards, and to help me do better readings.

There is an MWR here, I haven't been to it yet, though. What kind of picture are you thinking?

Soldiers (branch immaterial) sitting down playing video games. Im sure you've seen how "guys" get when they play video games, they either get all into it, or they zone out the rest of the world. Not necessarily looking for pictures with faces, just want it to be obvious that they are playing video games (controller and/or console visible in picture) and obviously in uniform (duty or PT's). Preferably with no weapons in the picture (I can crop and edit it out if need be, we had the "Weapon Nazi's" too.) If you would be able to work something out, it would be greatly appreciated. (In case your wondering, this will be for "The Barracks Rat)

Ive been playing around with some photo editing software, and came up with a couple of ideas for possible borders for my cards, and would appreciate any feedback. The first attachment is the original card (now resized for my printing pleasure), and the second 2 are the example of boarders with rounded corners. Unfortunately, unless I print them up on blank cards, I dont know if the rounded corners will work so well with the images without a border.

Im in the process of seeing what I could use to print them on. Im considering using cardstock but an concerned about them holding up. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Im really getting excited about the possibility of printing them up, even if the entire deck is not complete yet, and actually holding them in my hand.

Enjoy!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast