Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How often do you air out your home

How often do you air out your home

I like to open everything up everyday, no matter how cold it is, for at least 10-15 mins. I don't feel like my house is clean unless I get a whole houseful of fresh air going through for a bit. I can't stand when it gets stuffy or stale.

I open the house as I dust and sweep, it helps suck all the dust and yuck out.

Nothing better than a fresh smelling home :D

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
    I like to open everything up everyday, no matter how cold it is, for at least 10-15 mins. I don't feel like my house is clean unless I get a whole houseful of fresh air going through for a bit. I can't stand when it gets stuffy or stale.

I open the house as I dust and sweep, it helps suck all the dust and yuck out.

Nothing better than a fresh smelling home :D
    I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building made of cement, so especially in the winter, I have no choice but to open the place up. It gets to be 80-90 degrees in my apartment with the heat off!
    I air my place out 3-5 times a day, just because I must to cool it off.

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    It depends on the weather. In the winter here in Florida, every day. But in the summer forget it. The a/c runs 24/7 and I do not want any of that hot humid choking air in the house. Air like that does not make the house feel or smell fresh, it just makes you sweat everywhere and the furniture damp and more likely to grow mildew.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

I cover all of my windows in plastic except for bathroom and kitchen in the winter. I open those on a rare occasion, but I just can't afford to re-heat the house and you would be surprised how little time a window needs to be open to completely chill a warm house.

I usually have my window open all year, as I love the smell and the feel of fresh air. Even if I'm cold, I'll have the window open and just put on an extra jumper or wrap myself in a blanket or something - I don't really like that stale-like smell of radiators and such.

Pretty much everyday if the sun is shining as my house is passive solar, and so heats itself about 330 days a year, and I live in a Medeteranian climate.
    Mitakuye Oyasin

Quote Originally Posted by )O( ~ Khara~ )O( View Post
    I cover all of my windows in plastic except for bathroom and kitchen in the winter. I open those on a rare occasion, but I just can't afford to re-heat the house and you would be surprised how little time a window needs to be open to completely chill a warm house.
    Same here.I still have two windows left to cover still,and we are getting hit with extremely cold temps for this time of year.As soon as Spring comes though,the plastic comes off and when there is a break in the weather...the windows are open.
    Bethany: You're saying that having beliefs is a bad thing?
    Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. ~Dogma,1999~

When my daughters cook!

But without doing so to turn off the smoke detectors... In the summer, daily, in the winter, not very often if at all.
    "He drew a circle that shut me out
    Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout
    But love and I had the wit to win;
    We drew a circle that took him in."

-- Edwin Markham

When it needs it. In the Spring and Fall the windows could be open 24/7, in the Summer I open everything up when it feels stuffy or if I can't take the air conditioner anymore; I prefer the fresh air but I'm not going to suffer through the heat and humidity. In Winter I'll open random windows in random rooms if it needs a good airing out but otherwise I won't open them at all.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Right now no windows get open, the temps are in the 20's and the wind is blowing like crazy making it much colder. When the temps are ok then I like to open it up occasionally and get some freash air in. During the summer I have the windows open almost all the time, or at least part of the day. Then I turn the ac on when it is starting to get to stuffy or hot.
    ~*"The only true deity is the one that you believe in"*~
    Stalker of Gareth!

Stabbing the Captain with a pickle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast