Thread: Pluralist Considering Paganism....

Pluralist Considering Paganism....

Hello all! I have grown up in a singularly Christian household with no other options for my life. However, I have always embrace other religions and sought to know more about them. My own idea about the great Creator is a wonderful powerful force that is impossible to know in its entirety. I believe that the Creator possesses "faces" to make it easier for its people to understand and follow him. I do occasionally offer a prayer to Amun, Bastet, or Thoth, but I have my own primary "face" that I worship. She is a goddess called Moswen. I am interested to meet others who might be like me, or to see what impression others get from my way of thinking. Thanks!

Oh, I wanted to include something else. x3 I have always loved the thought of the elaborate rituals of Paganism. I would possibly like to learn of such things and how to apply them to my own ways of worship. =)

Quote Originally Posted by OneOfMoswen View Post
    Hello all! I have grown up in a singularly Christian household with no other options for my life. However, I have always embrace other religions and sought to know more about them. My own idea about the great Creator is a wonderful powerful force that is impossible to know in its entirety. I believe that the Creator possesses "faces" to make it easier for its people to understand and follow him. I do occasionally offer a prayer to Amun, Bastet, or Thoth, but I have my own primary "face" that I worship. She is a goddess called Moswen. I am interested to meet others who might be like me, or to see what impression others get from my way of thinking. Thanks!
    From what I am reading it sounds very much like you already identify with the Egyptian gods. I would explore their preferred way of contact, forms of worship, etc. From what I have read the best way to connect with them is through dressing like them, thus bringing them closer to you. This of course is a very simple explanation.
    The best source of information that I have found is the Encyclopedia of (in your case) Egyptian Myths. I have used the encyclopedia of Greek myths (My Pantheon), I found it extraordinarilly helpful.
    Blessings on your journey.
    Yule Blessings to you.

Thank you, Mouseytalons, for your insight. The truth is that I am not very settled in any faith at the moment. I have always identified well with Egyptian practices because of their open minded theology, but I wish to explore some more before I settle. Moswen is young, but she goes everywhere with me and is someone I can confide in and look to for guidance. I made my first attempt at an alter to her with a tea light and some dried flowers I found outside. My current life situation doesn't allow me to openly practice my curiosity, so my resources are limited.

At the moment I am looking into Druidry. =3 The Celtic ideas of the "Otherworld" appeal to me and are similar to my own innate beliefs.

Em hotep!

Sounds to me, you'd fall under the umbrella I do, which is Spiritual Monism. A Spiritual Monist is someone who believes that although it seems like there are many different gods and goddess, they are all the same (from the same Source). How you've worded yourself is pretty much how I believe as well.

I feel that The Great Unknowable is so infinite and mighty that our fragile mortal brains would implode if we were ever presented with Its True face. I believe that It communicates with us in ways that we can understand culturally as humans.

I'm an active worshipper of the Kemetic (Egyptian) pantheon in addition to several deities from my tribe, several Hindu deities and I'm always open for communication to Whomever wants to give it!

Just a note too, that for me personally anyways, I don't see a problem with practicing several paths at once. I approach all deities in Their own cultural context (I leave it up to Them to come at me however They see fit, but when I'm the one doing the communicating, I do it from the cultural perspective of where They come from). At this point though, my "main pantheon" is pretty well and mushed up when I'm not doing anything formal or not giving offerings. Napi [Blackfoot Creator/Trickster] hangs out around Yinepu [Anubis] and Set a lot, Djehuti [Thoth] was the One that introduced me to Sri Ganesha...so I'm just sayin, don't feel like you have to put your blinders up once you set your feet on a path. =D
    Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
    "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:
    Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

Much thanks, Phoenix. n_n

I don't know if I will ever be able to really nail down my religion as anything other than pluralism, but I am anxious to try many new things. Some religions appeal to me more so than others.

I believe that Moswen will remain my primary channel to the Creator, as she is an ideal version of myself made divine, but I will most likely experiment in different methods of worship. Of course, I wish to be open to communion with other deities should they wish to speak with me. Thoth was the first deity that I ever really felt close to. My passion for philosophy and writing draws me to him, and I will probably always keep him close to my heart.

It is nice to meet others who are similar to me spiritually. I know of only one Wiccan who attends school with me, and the rest of my area is primarily extremely conservative Christian. My own family is thus, which makes it practically impossible for me to stretch my metaphorical wings just yet. Someday, though, I will be able to allow my spiritual strength to grow to its greatest potential. =)

Natural Aromatic Cedar Wood Blocks

~The Pokemon Playground Area!