Thread: A wild vegan salad!!

A wild vegan salad!!

Here is a really cheap salad as its from 2 places, my garden and the wild fields! Only the flax seed was purchased from the organic store.

Dandelion, clover blossoms and leaves, heritage squash and flax seed all covered in honey and allowed to soak that way for several hours in the fridge.

Delicious!!!

I've never eaten clover blossoms or clover for that matter, I have to ask, how does it taste? I wonder if that would help my kids with their allergies?

I love love love dandelion greens. My neighbors love me for digging up their dandelions so we're all happy. This looks awesome. YUM!!

You'll have to bump this in the spring

All I have now are frozen dandelion greens.

That looks delicious! Do you eat the flowering part to? Ras and I tried the flowering part and it sure was bitter! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by )O( ~ Khara~ )O( View Post
    I've never eaten clover blossoms or clover for that matter, I have to ask, how does it taste? I wonder if that would help my kids with their allergies?

I love love love dandelion greens. My neighbors love me for digging up their dandelions so we're all happy. This looks awesome. YUM!!

You'll have to bump this in the spring

All I have now are frozen dandelion greens.
    The clover is fantastic!! I dont know about the allergy thing but the clover is sweet, especially the blossoms. I feel like Thumper when I start eating the blossoms. LOL
    The clover mixes great with the dandelion and helps balance the dandelions flavor. Perfect mix.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Sacred*~ View Post
    That looks delicious! Do you eat the flowering part to? Ras and I tried the flowering part and it sure was bitter! LOL!
    The clover flowers I use are not bitter. I pick red clover, not the white. They are 2 different types. We have a lot of wild red clover luckily. I never even tried the white as I know from my herbal work that the red is more beneficial in medicinal properties and nutrients. Also our bunnies prefer the red over white and since clover is a staple food of theirs I have confidence in their opinions. :D