Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scented Candles - with a strong fragrance!

Yankess candles are the best for me, hands down.

With the exception of a few that werent too fragrant for me (patchouli and Peppermint come to mind). A nice clean cotton, midsummers night or apple cider is mmm mm good.

I use Yankee Candles and Dark Candles most of the time.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

There's a local headshop that sells wonderful essential oil candles that smell great even when not burning. But I often do what Shanti does when I don't have those. I just light a candle, let it burn abit and then put a few drops of essential oil in the melted wax. Works great!
    daphne

I love Yankee. They sell them at some beauty supply stores as well.

My absolute favorite candles are Yankee Candles. Their Flagship store is amazing too. Talk about Candle Heaven.

"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble." - (Act IV, Scene I).Macbeth, Shakespeare

"When shall we three meet again in thunder, lightning, or in rain? When the hurlyburly 's done,
    When the battle 's lost and won". - (Act I, Scene I).Macbeth, Shakespeare

Gold Canyon, hands down and lights up the best candles I've ever, ever burned. I'll never buy another Yankee.
    "Problems can never be solved by using the same pattern of thought which created them." ~Albert Einstein
    "Though they are fine to see, horses frighten me because they are large and weak minded, which is a dangerous combination in horses, men and gods." ~Confessions of a Pagan Nun, by Kate Horsely

Scented Candles

Paula Dean has a line of food scented candles that make my house smell wonderful. I have Raspberry Tart right now for spring and around Samhain I burn her Pumpking Roll. Small ones are about $5 and large ones are about $9. They last and really fill the room with scent. You can find them at Wal-Mart (or as I like to call it The Evil Empire).
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother

Somewhere one side or the other of sanity.
    In earnest, the easiest way to get the candles in the scents and strength you want is to make them yourself. It's a lot easier than it seems and relatively cheap. I make my own for ritual use and for mundane use. Peak Candle Supply http://www.peakcandle.com/ not only has supplies, but tutorials.

Remember, if you use any scent really heavy, even all-natural ones, they're going to smell different and almost chemical like. This can even happen when cooking or baking with something as simple as vanilla extract, it takes on an almost perfume/cloying quality.
    "Cattle die, kinsmen die, one day you yourself must die.

I know one thing that never dies:
    the dead man's reputation."

Havamal- Sayings of the High One

I haven't found a candle (or incense for that matter) that I can truly smell beyond the heat or burning. If you play with any and find one you like be sure to let me know
    "The magnificent, marvelous, mad, mad, mad, mad Madam Mim!" ~ Madam Mim, Sword in the Stone

I used to work in a candle shop. Typically the strongest-smelling, cleanest burning(long as you're trimming your wicks) more natural-smelling candles are soy based or soy blended with something else and bees-wax. Gotta be careful, though, much like food products people will slap soy into the most terrible products just to get others to buy them. I really, really LOVE Voluspa candles, but those fragrances are very strong and usually tend to be very hit or miss with people so try to smell before you buy. They have a search function on their site to find near-by vendors. I just hate their prices.... We end up making a lot of our own candles with beeswax and fragrance oils. It's a much cheaper option. When I don't feel like making a candle, I buy the Lavender and Cedarwood fragrance that Candle-lite makes. I didn't like a lot of their other fragrances, though, but that's just me. They're not the best, but they're fairly inexpensive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast