Thread: Alter help :)

Alter help :)

I have the perfect table in my room for an alter.

The problem I am having is that I do not worship any gods. I use the energy from the things around me. (nature/earth magic)?

I have no clue what I would put on my alter, or if there is any need to even have one since I don't worship gods.

I am confuzzled to say the least!

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail

There are many things you can put on your altar still!!

Do you work with the elements? How about something that corresponds to each element? Perhaps a little plaque for each element as well. Natural things for the elements could be a candle for fire and air (the smoke/wispy stuff air, flame is fire), a bowl of water for water, a bowl of fresh Earth for earth) and then maybe something purple in color for spirit (or whatever color you represent spirit with).

Also, what type of magic things do you do? Do you do any forms of divination? Do you use crystals, or runes or tarot or herbs, incense, oils etc....? Oils shouldn't be in direct sunlight (nor herbs that are stored) but if you have a little box you can hide your oils in that can go on your altar as well.

Books, journals, random things you draw/doodle that mean something to you. Something to represent the Sun and Moon if those call to you...

There are lots of choices!

Today, on this Earth, tomorrow that may change
    Maybe use it for items that represent your hopes and dreams? The goals you strive for? Reminders of someone you admire and a particular quality they have which you would like to strengthen in yourself?

Alters don't have to be only for worship. Mine is not.

Glo
    Never too old to explore!!!!

Where am I? Here

What am I doing? Whatever I choose.

Why am I doing it? Because I want to.

Live to love
    but do
    not be a rug--Me

That is an excellent point! Now you've given me more ideas for my altar....

Well, I am an Eclectic, so, my beliefs vary. Just wanted to say that before I post.

I don't believe you even truly need an altar for spellwork, but, they can be beautiful. I have one yes, but, like you, for a little while, I didn't worship a deity at all.

I had my altar setup much like some Wiccans (Wica, Wicce) have theirs, however, instead of the God and Goddess representations, I had more natural things like flowers, acorns, pine cones, some pretty faery statues I had found just to make it a bit whimsical. The ideas are endless and I switch my altar up all the time.

I hope this helps, too!

Thanks guys! I have some ideas now :D

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail