Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Video Game(s)

Assassin's Creed (I, II, and Brotherhood)
    Oblivion
    World of Warcraft, even though I don't play it anymore, and they made it way too easy.
    Nature stands above and beside Man, as the great elder and the ancient brother, seeking both respect from the child and the bond of equals.

It is Life Giver, and World Breaker;
    the whole and the void.
    It is the endless cycle of life and death.
    To know this is to hold the key to all.
    The door lies before thee, waiting; unlock, and open it.
    Step through, and know Nirvana.

I loved Sonic and Spyro when I was younger :P. Those and Grand Turismo were my starters. To this day I still love Sonic, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and League of Legends.

Another favorite that I played recently is Limbo. Cool graphics, awesome background story, overall morbid, and really cool physics puzzles. :D
    ...saith the black swan [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed? And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?" ~Coleridge

Oh man. Nothing can beat Okami for me. Which is weird, because I started out liking The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn more.

LoZ: TP is a very relaxing game for me to play. I know so many little secrets about it, and it's the game that I'm best at. I've played and beaten it a bunch of times and plan on doing a Let's Play of it. Music is good, graphics are good, story starts out strong but gets weak toward the end. Overall, one of the best Zelda games I've played, and I still love it a great deal.

FE: RD is a more serious game than TP is. It's a tactical war game. The characters are lovable. I just utterly adore Kieran ("just let me remove this axe from my head here, woo, that's sharp!"). Gameplay is pretty good, and there are multiple difficulties. You can also unlock neat stuff after finishing the game. The music is spectacular - I normally think epic is an overused word, but it really fits here. Story is pretty good, though Path of Radiance's story was better. Also, very little character development in RD apart from Zelgius, Sephiran and Dheginsea. PoR had much more character development. RD does have some great messages in it, though, about tolerance and acceptance of others. It's a pretty deep game at the end.

Okami...this game has probably the best music I've heard in a videogame. It's extremely unique overall as a game, too. Get this: you can collect demon fangs from your enemies by peeing on them in combat. xD I also like how instead of getting stronger from fights, you get stronger by helping people and animals and generally making the world a better place. Sidequests are what give you praise - which you can use to add to your solar energy (health), ink pots (celestial brush - you gain 13 techniques throughout the game), wallet/purse, and astral pouches (extra lives). On the surface, Okami doesn't seem like a serious game, but once you play through it, you really see so much more depth to the characters and overall storyline. I can't rave enough about this game. The only thing I can say negative about it is, on the Wii, a couple of the stray beads are much tougher to get than on the PS2 because of controls.
    “You know you only delayed the inevitable,” Quenthel said as Pharaun and Q'arlynd returned. “We're wasting time, here. We have to get out of the city.”
    “I know,” the Master of Sorcere replied, “but it was fun.”

I'll add Dragon Age since everyone else seems to be doing it too.
    "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
    -Me

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

Wink

Hello everyone.
    Dragonage Origins, Stonekeep, anything Pop Cap but very very addicted to Plants and Zombies. There's one on my lawn.

I just started playing Dragon Age this morning. I can tell you already, will probably be another favorite. What is this conspiracy?
    ...saith the black swan [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed? And what if, in your dream, you went to heaven and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if, when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand? Ah, what then?" ~Coleridge

Oh wow, favorite video game? That's a tough one. All time favorite would have to be a little semi-obscure game for the PSOne called "Suikoden"...The second one is actually my favorite.

Recently, I've jumped on the Dragon Age boat too and wonder why I waited so long. The game is amazing. I've only got one play through so far but I'll be making another go soon enough.

I'm also hopelessly addicted to World of Warcraft. Though, MMO's are a whole different kind of "video game" in my mind.
    "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."-Erehwon

Dragonage...sigh... after 20 plus playthroughs I'm going to give it a rest for a bit and give Oblivion a go. I'm not as current with games as most. I'd also like to give The Witcher one and two a shot one day. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by aluokaloo View Post
    Super Mario 2 and 3
    Legend of Zelda 1 and 2
    Kirby's Adventure
    Donkey Kong Country 1 and 3
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Punch Out
    Castlevania Simon's Quest
    Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
    Golden Sun 1 and 2
    Faxanadu
    Maniac Mansion
    Mega Man 2 and 5
    Tetris Attack
    Duck Hunt
    Hogan's Alley
    O.o ... Maniac Mansion was my fav!!!! I totally forgot about that game heh...its fun to think of old games like that sometimes. Thank you for that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2