Thread: Strange meetings?

Strange meetings?

Just making sure I'm not loopy - have anyone else really seen, or heard any "mythological" beings?

I've had some experiences through out my life that actually made me doubt my sanity. At one time I, when I was 10, I could swear me and my parents had an what we call in Sweden - hustomte, and an angry one at that.

Hustomtar is a small human-like creature, often with a beard and grey clothes. They help humans around farms and houses with gardens by chopping wood, feeding the animals and generally doing chores and bringing good luck. If a dwelling had a hustomte they where given food, and never spoken ill of. If they ever got angry, either by not being given food or talked ill of, they would cause misschief, by stealing things, stop helping out, and things like that.

Alot of things went missing in our house, screws where being unscrewed in shelves. And I even saw a gray thing bopp outside our kitchen window at dinnertime for about a week. I told my parents and they went looking around the yard and even in the tool shed, but never found anything.

I also remember seing strange red lights in the sky one night, my parents woke me up and we stood watching a red ball come down from the clouds, hovering downwards, then doing a sharp turn to the left, then coming to a sharp halt and going down into the forest. Three more lights came after it, in the exact same patterns and place. I have no idea what it might have been, but it was freaky. I think I was about 11 years old, back then.

Recently, a few months ago I believe I actually saw a troll trying to hide by pretending to be a rock. I could see a distinct face, I just walked by and said out loud "Nice evening, is it not?" And I felt the rock glare at me behind my back. Guess it wasn't too happy about me spotting it.

I feel rather silly talking about it <_<

I believe that all "mythological" beings such as trolls, goblins, giants, unicorns, gnomes etc have been plentyfull in the past when there where lots of big forests to hide in, but now when most forests are gone most have died out, or are in hiding, staying away from humans all together.

Yea it sounds silly :D
    I love the story tho, wish I had similar experiences.
    I do have memories from impossible things tho, but not myth related
    Tomtar och troll
    Last edited by SacredNight; January 17th, 2011 at 07:44 PM.

I do believe elementals or mythological creatures exist in our world but they are invisible to most people. I still am sceptical though when someone does claim they have seen them...but you never know.

When I was around 8 I would hang around my mum's workplace with her boss's daughter. We would play amongst the stairs at the back of the factory which was located in an industrial area. So the setting was as far away from nature as you can get. However around the same time each night we would hear a little trumpet blowing and hear little footsteps marching around the stairs. We could see shadowy outlines of small gnome-like little people marching in line.

Of course I blew that off as having an overactive imagination as I got older, but the memory has often amused me and made me wonder.

Shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Ballgazer View Post
    Just making sure I'm not loopy - have anyone else really seen, or heard any "mythological" beings?

I've had some experiences through out my life that actually made me doubt my sanity. At one time I, when I was 10, I could swear me and my parents had an what we call in Sweden - hustomte, and an angry one at that.

Hustomtar is a small human-like creature, often with a beard and grey clothes. They help humans around farms and houses with gardens by chopping wood, feeding the animals and generally doing chores and bringing good luck. If a dwelling had a hustomte they where given food, and never spoken ill of. If they ever got angry, either by not being given food or talked ill of, they would cause misschief, by stealing things, stop helping out, and things like that.

Alot of things went missing in our house, screws where being unscrewed in shelves. And I even saw a gray thing bopp outside our kitchen window at dinnertime for about a week. I told my parents and they went looking around the yard and even in the tool shed, but never found anything.

I also remember seing strange red lights in the sky one night, my parents woke me up and we stood watching a red ball come down from the clouds, hovering downwards, then doing a sharp turn to the left, then coming to a sharp halt and going down into the forest. Three more lights came after it, in the exact same patterns and place. I have no idea what it might have been, but it was freaky. I think I was about 11 years old, back then.

Recently, a few months ago I believe I actually saw a troll trying to hide by pretending to be a rock. I could see a distinct face, I just walked by and said out loud "Nice evening, is it not?" And I felt the rock glare at me behind my back. Guess it wasn't too happy about me spotting it.

I feel rather silly talking about it <_<

I believe that all "mythological" beings such as trolls, goblins, giants, unicorns, gnomes etc have been plentyfull in the past when there where lots of big forests to hide in, but now when most forests are gone most have died out, or are in hiding, staying away from humans all together.
    I thought I was alone in seeing and hearing spirits and/or mythological creatures.
    I have been seeing and/or hearing them since I was 3 years old (the same age I started having epileptic seizures). I don't understand the connection, but I do accept it. I will not share all of my experiences, however, I will a few of the more bizarre and recent ones.
    1) when I was about 10 years old, I played a "game" called "bloody mary in the mirror". There were 3 of us girls, all about the same age playing, so it wasn't my age. We said the appropriate chant, a wind blew through a thouroughly closed bathroom, which we all felt, but only my candle went out, and only I saw "mary" in the mirror. I have been seeing and hearing (what I call) spirits more frequently and clearly ever since.
    2) When I was newly married to husband #1 (March 1989), I went to bed one night, while my new husband was in the bathroom preparing for bed, a door-sized black figure appeared in the bedroom doorway, leaving me physically parilyzed with fear, as soon as he left, the terror left, and I was able to move. (a demon?, as mother calls them?)
    3) When I was living in Columbia Heights, MN (about 1991), I was waiting for a bus on the corner of 22nd and Chicago Ave. (in Minneapolis, MN) after work in the middle of the night, when a "black man" appeared infront of me and said "follow me", as soon as he said that a "white man" appeared behind me, and said "don't go, I'll wait for your bus with you. I stayed, when I got on the bus and turned around to thank him he was gone as fast as he had appeared (an angel?). I got home that night, and a woman almost perfectly matching my description was killed that night, just 2 blocks away. I found out the next day, that I was soposed to be killed that night.
    4) Most recently, I have seen fairies dancing in the tree outside my balcony window (this past fall). Their dances were comforting and inspiring. I shared this with my 4 year old, which brought her the same joy it brought me, though she didn't get to enjoy it in person.