Thread: New Apartment

New Apartment

I just moved into a new apartment recently, and one of our cats will occasionally stare very intently at the ceiling. She'll even get scared and start running around the apartment sometimes. The thing is, this apartment is brand new (we're the first people to move in after it was built), so I don't think it's a ghost. I'm at a loss as to what could be going on, but maybe somebody could describe to me the other possible causes for this behavior besides ghosts? I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,
    James

If you've ever been to www.icanhascheezburger.com you'd know that your cat is communicating with Ceiling Cat ^_^
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharizzy View Post
    If you've ever been to www.icanhascheezburger.com you'd know that your cat is communicating with Ceiling Cat ^_^
    lol

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
    It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
    Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

It could be a small animal or bug that crawling around the ceiling or roof.
    Note the area, time of day and frequency your cat stares at the ceiling. Your cat may be hearing someting so faint that you don't notice it.

Cats often run around crazy when they are hyper. And it's common when they are in new surroundings. It's like htey're saying" where am i? where am I? what is this new place. i want to explore everything. where can i find new hiding spots?"

the sounds outside your suite are going to be new too. So the cat maybe wondering what he/she's hearing.

but just because the building is new, the land is not. The construction may have trigger some energy or spirits on the land or from a previous building that used to be on the site, may have been distrubed.

have you considered while it was being built that someone may have died

or that their may be a hex bag in your apartment,
    also maybe their is alot of bad energy in your home,
    that or your on a natural powerpoint for supernatural gateway cant spell

What I have heard of is people themselves being 'haunted' in a way, sometimes if people are very sensitive it's almost like an invitation for other worldly beings to say hi. Or there could be a little bug or shadow or something catching their attention.

Could be anything mundane as suggested. If you really think it's something supernatural or other-worldly, you can always do a good cleansing. Scott Cunningham's book of Incense, Oils & Brews has a very good recipe for a house cleansing incense that is easy to make & I have found very effective for dispelling weird energies.

Thanks guys! This definitely gives me some stuff to think about.