Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aspects of God?

Aspects of God?

I have read to much again. . . my pieces does not fit tonight.
    How do you organize the God? in 3 or 2? Your Pros Cons with this?

Young Horned God,
    The mature God-King,
    Aging Sacrificed God

or

Horned One
    The Hunter.

??

is offline <-- My own damn artwork for a change
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladeflower View Post

Young Horned God,
    The mature God-King,
    Aging Sacrificed God

or

Horned One
    The Hunter.

??
    The first one is open to a chronological scheme

The second one, I don't really see the point

To be honest, I never quite saw the point in this. Wouldn't a god/dess be ageless and timeless?

Of course, then again... we have the triple goddess of Maiden, Mother, and Crone...

So why don't we have Lad, Father, and Gentleman (or similar)? I don't see why the men get fancy shcmancy names for the same life-stages. Why is he a God-King when the female counterpart isn't called a Goddess-Queen?
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Lolz *shenanigans*

well. I find the whole speculation about "aspects of deities" one of the most interesting parts, one of the things that made me really stuck with Wicca is the wheel of the year story, that about the aspects of the Goddess and God relationship to each other is connected with the the changing seasons. Anyone agree?

Well of course we could just say: YAAA, whatevaAA ! But I find this just as important/unimportant as anything else
    Last edited by SacredNight; January 26th, 2011 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia View Post
    To be honest, I never quite saw the point in this. Wouldn't a god/dess be ageless and timeless?

Of course, then again... we have the triple goddess of Maiden, Mother, and Crone...

So why don't we have Lad, Father, and Gentleman (or similar)? I don't see why the men get fancy shcmancy names for the same life-stages. Why is he a God-King when the female counterpart isn't called a Goddess-Queen?
    Well, she's usually just called the Goddess, or Mother Nature.

The stages are reflecting of Myths about the cycles of Nature, and are to be understood in that context. Our modern Myths and practices draw from a wide variety of old Myths and cultures. The idea of a Triple Goddess is actually pretty modern. It's not meant to be taken literally. It's about archtypes, as are these various faces of God.

Quote Originally Posted by perceval23 View Post
    It's about archtypes, as are these various faces of God.
    Exactly ! Give me the Horned God in Jungian terms then. If you copy-paste wiki, you have still to organize the god in 2 or 3 aspects to feed my hunger
    Last edited by SacredNight; January 26th, 2011 at 06:51 PM.

The best that I can think of is he is the child of the forest running on sturdy little legs then the young man who hunts and runs in the forest, lover of the Goddess/Maiden then he is no longer the hunter but the sacrifice to bring renewal of life.

The Horned God / Hunter is the masculine part of the fertility mythos and circle of seasons and life; without whom in each stage, the cycle will be broken and there will be famine and devastation. The Goddess needs the God the Ying needs the Yang it all works out to balance and sorting them out really is just a question of categorizing and convenience.

Does that help at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwolf View Post
    The Horned God / Hunter is the masculine part of the fertility mythos and circle of seasons and life;

Does that help at all?
    YES! it help me organize the concepts!
    you mention the the second system of 2 reflects the fertility, that will say you broke it down and put into a separate drawer

The horny one vs the Hunter which is gone from his wife

It fits for tonight, my existential problems are solved and I can sleep now, and live to whine another day.
    Last edited by SacredNight; January 26th, 2011 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladeflower View Post

Young Horned God,
    The mature God-King,
    Aging Sacrificed God

or

Horned One
    The Hunter.

??
    The triple aspect is overlaying the natural progress of the masculine as a course of Nature. Such as Osiris who, among other things, is a grain God and has aspects for each particular time in the cycle of growth through harvest.

The second highlights the inner nature of the masculine those being the Prowess and the Survivalist usually found within the archetypal masculine. It is how a man might identify with the Greater Nature of the masculine principle within ones self. Think men's mysteries.

"Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain

If having a deep disdain for entertaining the cerebrally challenged in politics makes one a bigot than the Queen Bigot am I.

If you search for the laws of harmony, you will find knowledge
    ~temple wall in Luxor~

A superb answer, please add more, or give more perspective, or a "good" link if you have one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast