Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aspects of God?

In line with the Maiden, Mother and Crone aspects of the Goddess is the Son, Father and Sage aspects of the God.

My Author Page
    That's the thing about magic. There's always consequences. Always.

is offline <-- My own damn artwork for a change
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequoia View Post
    To be honest, I never quite saw the point in this. Wouldn't a god/dess be ageless and timeless?

Of course, then again... we have the triple goddess of Maiden, Mother, and Crone...

So why don't we have Lad, Father, and Gentleman (or similar)? I don't see why the men get fancy shcmancy names for the same life-stages. Why is he a God-King when the female counterpart isn't called a Goddess-Queen?
    I never heard of the historical model for the triple Goddess, just haven't come across that

But the lad, father and Gentle man scheme has a clear analogy in Baltic paganism

http://www.jrank.org/cultures/pages/6114/Potrimpo.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gladeflower View Post
    YES! it help me organize the concepts!
    you mention the the second system of 2 reflects the fertility, that will say you broke it down and put into a separate drawer

The horny one vs the Hunter which is gone from his wife

It fits for tonight, my existential problems are solved and I can sleep now, and live to whine another day.

Glad to be of help!

Wink

The God-aspects in Checkerism are:

1. God
    2. Universe
    3. Restart at 1.

Or, looking back:
    1. Universe
    2. God
    3. Restart at 1.

Our cycles take a bit more time than the wheel of the year...
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

I don't know....for me everything is an aspect of the Divine....everything emanates from a single perfect Divine Source. Through this, we are separate, but emanate from the same thing.

So all I have to do is go outside, feel the wind on my face, breathe in...and there is the Divine.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
    I don't know....for me everything is an aspect of the Divine....everything emanates from a single perfect Divine Source. Through this, we are separate, but emanate from the same thing.

So all I have to do is go outside, feel the wind on my face, breathe in...and there is the Divine.
    Hell, all I have to do is sip some delicious coffee in front of my computer, smile, and let out a good sigh.

Or "reach out"... regardless of your circumstance, the Divine is always there.
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2