Thread: Question :D

Thumbs up Question :D

I was wondering what is the Atheist view on life after death. I found this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/If_you_are...s_when_you_die

And am wondering if it a good description.

What are your thoughts? Does this go along with your beliefs?

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail

I really am tired of the mis-information out there.
    Atheist means one whom does not believe in deity, period, the end.
    They can, and some do, as I, believe in spirituality just not with any deity in it!
    You dont have to have a deity to have spirit or other forms of metaphysical ideals.

I am an atheist and believe when we die our spirit energy can do anything. There is no limit. It can re-manifest into anything of anytime of any place if it wants. It can just disperse into all the energy that's everything.
    It can exist in a realm not consisting of the physical.
    Limitless possibilities to the point that the meager brain can not comprehend.

This mis-information and generalizations out there of what atheist believe is why I have changed my own description from atheist to non-deist. I am tired of people assuming I believe in nothing. ~sigh~

Thank Shanti! I have been wondering about this for a while.

Anyone else?

FOR THE HORDE!
    "There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." Anonymous
    www.myspace.com/whitedragonfire1
    AIM: Dedkitty

~you know my motivation, givin my reputation~
    :deviltail

after death, there is reincarnation via the carbon cycle.. there is not consciousness that persists after death.
    Mitakuye Oyasin

Here's another non-theist (with a twist), and I partially agree with both Tanya and Shanti.

People who follow my path believe there's a reason to be alive in particular, and that reason is fulfilled by being alive. After the physical death, our souls have a job to perform for the universe itself. Thus, a physical death can't be the end of the line. Thus, we believe in reincarnation. Apart from that we incorporate the natural law about conservation of energy, to support at least the longevity of soul energy in our beliefs, though its configuration can vary from one incarnation to the next.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    I do not believe anything happens after death, in a spiritual sense.

We decay and go back into the ecosystem. As for what happens to the brain just as we die, I'd like to leave that for the people with a bigger grasp of neuroscience.

Point being, I don't believe this is a test for anything, I don't believe we reincarnate, or that we have any type of spirit or soul that can survive without the molecular machines our brain and body is... at least not with our current day technology.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw