Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~In Memoriam~~

I just logged on....I'm stunned. Such a great voice. The Ally McBeal episodes with Jon "being" Barry White were my favorites.

Now I'm off to have a chat with Eshallet, since what killed this great legened was not keeping his blood pressure in check.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

A candle burns for a man of great Talents. R.I.P Barry White.

Even far after this candle goes out, your songs shall be remembered and burn on in legend.

you know what I just realized logging in right now....instead of the standard AOL "Welcome" I have Barry White "What's happening baby."

It's true, Aldrick, no musician ever truly burns out when their music still lives on. :
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Unhappy

Well, they say we lose them in threes...

Sunday we lost another talent...

Buddy Ebsen died Sunday at the age of 95. Known mostly for his role on the Beverly Hillbillies and Barnaby Jones, he started his career dancing on Broadway and eventually becoming an MGM musical star in the 30's.

Ebsen was part of the original cast of the movie The Wizard of Oz as the Tin Man. The original make up for the Tin Man was made up of aluminum dust and grease paint. However, after 10 days of using the dust, it coated his lungs and Ebsen almost died of suffocation ending up in intensive care under an oxygen tent until he recovered. Subsequently, he lost the role...but this incident followed him throughout his career talking about it in Oz documentaries and holding no ill will about it.

Ebsen was a truly versitile man. From dancing and comedies, to tv and many dramatic roles to painting and even writing fiction novels, this was a man who could do it all.

For more info:

Buddy Ebsen at IMDB

Buddy Ebsen dies at 95

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

The Great Redwoods of Northern California
    This is really getting to be too much this past week, I'm starting to feel like my childhood is really leaving me

Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog

Sometimes I dream that a big, giant squirrel is carrying me away. Does that make me a nut?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
    Disciple of Jodarius~~Keep of the Names
    AKA: VroomBroom

Proud mom of a LCPL, US Marine!
    VMAQ1
    Semper Fi!

Celia Cruz died yesterday. Maybe alot of you don't know her but she was a Latin singer/entertainer who emigrated to the U.S. from Cuba in 1960. Her music has been a part of my life and my family's life since I was a child; she was at EVERY family gathering - she will be missed.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

In Memory of Bob Hope, such sad news that in times where we truly need to laugh and smile one of our brightest comedians falls.
    Last edited by Aldrick; July 28th, 2003 at 05:02 PM.

infiltrating the psychic lands that once belonged to us!
    I light a candle for my Mother...today would have been her and my father's 46th anniversary had she not passed almost two years ago now.

For you Mom with my love , respect, thanks, and devotion.
    Love "is" the Answer....
    Compassion....the KEY.....
    Tolerance....the Path we should all walk hand in hand!!!!!

GO TO THESE SITES

The Great Redwoods of Northern California
    Bob Hope to be Buried PrivatelyJuly 28 4:25:00 PM EST
    Bob Hope in 1938, age 35, as he was staring his 12 years at NBC's radio network. (United Press International UPI NewsPictures)LOS ANGELES, July 28 (AFP) - Legendary comedian Bob Hope will be buried privately and will be honoured later in a public memorial mass following his "beautiful and serene and peaceful" death, his daughter said Monday. Linda Hope said that a public memorial service would be held on August 27 -- one month after his death on Sunday -- following a burial that will be attended by relatives. "Dad had an amazing send-off," Linda Hope told reporters in Los Angeles. "I can't tell you how beautiful and serene and peaceful it was. "I don't think you could have asked for a more peaceful, beautiful death," she said. "I think all the good vibes that he put out during his lifetime came back to take him up." Hope, who turned 100 just seven weeks ago, died at his mansion in the plush Los Angeles suburb of Toluca Lake, surrounded by his family, a priest and medical staff. "He really left us with a smile on his face and no really last words," his daughter told a press conference amid an outpouring of grief over the death of an American icon. "And the fact that there was a little audience gathered around, even though it was family, I think warmed dad's heart," she said of the legendary entertainer who once refused to retire and spend his golden years fishing because "fish don't applaud." In addition to the August 27 memorial service, a separate special tribute will be held the same day at the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences in Los Angeles, Hope said. The family of the comic is asking the public to make contributions to the Bob and Dolores Hope Charitable Foundation, which the couple started in the 1950s to raise funds for the underprivileged, instead of sending flowers. Linda Hope said that when family members asked the comic where he wanted to be buried, he shot back: "Surprise me." "So he'll sure be surprised and hopefully happy," she said of the plans for his burial on which she did not elaborate. The entertainer's daughter, attributing her father's longevity to laughter, regular massages, nightly walks and cat-napping, said he was the same man in private as in public. "He was warm and full of fun and we used to really participate so much in his life and his work. "Growing up, we got the first sort of preview of his radio monologues. He would try the jokes out on us at the table, and some times they'd work and other times they didn't. He used to say we were kind of a tough audience." Linda Hope said that the things that made the workaholic showman happiest were his wife of 69 years, Dolores, his great passion of golf and "laughter and applause." "I think he was kind of driven by that. He loved to make people laugh and make people happy, forget what was going on in their lives for a little bit of time. And that brought him a lot of satisfaction." ml/gs US-Hope-funeral COPYRIGHT 2003 Agence France-Presse. All rights reserved.

Bob Hope dies with a smile...but no final words
    Last edited by WynterWynd; July 28th, 2003 at 06:40 PM.

Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog

Sometimes I dream that a big, giant squirrel is carrying me away. Does that make me a nut?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
    Disciple of Jodarius~~Keep of the Names
    AKA: VroomBroom

Proud mom of a LCPL, US Marine!
    VMAQ1
    Semper Fi!

I've been crying and laughing all day at the tributes to this truly remarkable man. Bob Hope was and still continues to be an inspiration to so many generations of comedians, actors and just us plain ol' civilians.

May he and Bing be reunited, may they catch up on the years that they missed together and Bob, from my heart:

Thanks for the memories.

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast