Thread: Automatic writing

Automatic writing

Hi, I'm not exactly sure where to post this, I looked all over and didn't see any specific link or forum for something of this type. (though i might have over looked it, I've been known to do that) So just tell me if I should put this in another forum.

Anyways, I just wanted to reach out to any others who did this, I'm not sure of the technical name for it, but its automatic writing. I'll tell my story, I want to see others views and stories on what happened to them.

First off I didnt exactly wake up one day and decide to do it. I was sitting in my computer room when I was about 14 (a long time ago), and all of a sudden everything around me changed. It all looked the same but it wasn't.(im not sure how to explain it). My hand picked up a pen and started writing all over the paper in front of me, "leave her alone," "tell him to leave her alone", I got this angry, protective feeling and for the life of me I couldn't put the pen down. I could feel my hand, but it felt like their was an intense pressure, like someone else s' hand on mine. After that I almost passed out, my whole body was drained. I looked it up online a few days later and read about automatic writing, and decided to try it for myself, it didn't work every time, but I did get a hold of a lot of 'beings'. (one being my friends grandfather, and it scared the S*** out of her.)But I never found out what that first time was ever about.

Again I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced anything like this, or if they did it what was their first experience with it

thanks K.t.

Yes. I've had this although I'm not sure why it happens. I did experiment with this once, and I thought of a word and I found myself writing it without actually controlling myself, but my hand was "guided" to write it down. Perhaps it's a spirit or it's subconsious? There is a lot to know about the human mind. I know too that I've been given advice before using this type of channelling and I don't know where it came from, certainly not from me as I didn't know what to do.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragna View Post
    Perhaps it's a spirit or it's subconscious? There is a lot to know about the human mind.
    I do agree with this, though I've had full 'conversations' using this method, and had written answers that I never would have thought of. Or once I was communicating with a little girl, and all of a sudden the writing was numbers and they were counting down from 10 - 0, then it said 'haha, fooled you'. And its things like that, that I cannot explain.

Don't have a clue what that first time could be about either, Cheshireheir. I think weird stuff happens, quite a lot, and if we don't jump to conclusions then a great deal of that weird stuff usually remains weird indefinitely.

I haven't experimented with automatic writing much at all so I can't talk from personal experience but it looks to me like the results are a little bit like accessing dream-consciousness in general. If that's true then the following would apply to automatic writing just as it does with dreams: Much of the time what comes up can't be explained and will not make sense at that moment but patterns of meaning often emerge if a journal of the writing is kept over time. Also, occasionally something of high significance and personal importance will come through.

I've had several successful experiences with automatic writing, as well as some that have scared the crap out of me.

I find when I get into this mind frame and need to receive a message, I say a prayer of protection first.... just to be cautious.

be I do understand where your coming from, and I offer you hugs. (also, welcome to MW, make an intro post so we can get to know you better.!)

be well,
    -Krissa
    Christina Sparrow

previous MW usernames: VioletStarLizard - lil'BuddhistWich - SunflowerWriter

I am a sparrow, the smallest of songbirds...

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowspirit View Post
    (also, welcome to MW, make an intro post so we can get to know you better.!)
    Thank you very much! Where do I make an intro post? On the main page or is their a thread for it?

I did this for a time when i was in my teenage years. My best friend got a few of these as well, but it was much less common for him. And then my hand switched to traditional art. And for yrs I had sketches instead of writing. Last year I switched back to writing again, and its been a firestorm ever since. Though the second time around, I have a habit of checking a pendulum against the writing, because I'm not easily convinced I'm talking to who I'm told I'm talking to. I had alot of trouble with ouija boards in my teen years as well, and well, doubt is a condition that I think is healthy in certain dosages.

Is there a separate section for channeling? I might want to look there too.