Thread: Guitar Hero droppping in popularity

Guitar Hero droppping in popularity

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Activision, publisher of such video games as "Call of Duty: Black Ops," says it will disband the "Guitar Hero" music game franchise due to a long-standing weakness in the music game genre.

from here:
    ttp://ca.news.yahoo.com/activision-blizzard-axe-guitar-hero-posts-smaller-4th-20110209-134249-263.html

I never understood the big deal about Guitar Hero. It's boring.

I never understood the big deal about Guitar Hero. It's boring.
    I totally agree. After a few levels it becomes extremely monotonous...
    Cultivate inner peace and thousands around you will be saved.
    St. Seraphim of Sarov
    [SIGPIC]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_a6raVa-peSs/R6t9BgTJazI/AAAAAAAAAOQ/oL13RgvM4zA/S240/200px-Serafim_and_a_bear%2Bsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I prefer Rockband! I'm awesome at the drums!
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

My hubby, who's a musician, wonders why people wouldn't just learn how to play a real instrument.

Oh, I know how to play a real trombone, trumpet, clarinet, piano, a little guitar
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

I can play guitar, bass, drums, mandolin and trying to actually teach myself piano. For the life of me I could never understand why people liked that game, its very boring and yes I agree, monotonous. With the time and money you put into it you could have bougth a whole mess of instruments like I have and started a band.

Somewhere Dark and confusing,but sometimes comfortable
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharizzy View Post
    I prefer Rockband! I'm awesome at the drums!
    This is me agreeing
    I'm actually a Call of Duty person myself.We just got Black Ops and xbox live about a week or so ago,2 Weeks tops,And I find it keeps me attention better then Guitar Hero ever did.*shrugs* But ofcourse I can have a rather violent nature sometimes.

What I mean to say is,Yes,In the end we are all in the same boat.We're all just too busy trying to sink eachother to see it.~Me

Change is the only consistant thing in this world~Me

I am a Women,Therefore it is in my very Nature to be soul deep,caring,Increadibly complex and a constant source of awe and headaches!~Me

Exactly Why is it that 'With all Due Respect' really means kiss my ass.~Me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://cooltext.com/

I think its a fun thing to do when family is over but I think the cost of the games are why they are loosing peoples interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmbolt View Post
    I think its a fun thing to do when family is over but I think the cost of the games are why they are loosing peoples interest.
    I have a ps2. But I don't wan tto upgrade because whatever is the craze now will eventually be found in the discount bins of used in a matter of a couple of years or sooner.
    Ps2 games are even being made anymore. All the games I love to play are often hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by VuDo View Post
    My hubby, who's a musician, wonders why people wouldn't just learn how to play a real instrument.
    I'm haven't really played much of Guitar Hero, but I feel confident in sayng that Guitar Hero the game and learning to play music aren't much one in the same. Some people want to indulge in playing a music themed video game and some people want to indulge in being a musician. I'd say, its two different animals entirely.