Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: A letter from mol on 10 years of MW

Quote Originally Posted by Gladeflower View Post
    Love stories.
    btw, are there any pictures of how the candle shop looked like
    well here's pics of Mysticwicks when it first started
    Last edited by lightdragon; February 17th, 2011 at 07:54 AM.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

It's always good to hear from you Boss man, because yes, I will always call you that. And even more wonderful to hear from GEBS. I love you guys and I hope you do know that. We may not talk as much as we used to but I always do love it when we do.

Lots and lots has happened and I've always been grateful that I have had MW (and versions of it) to go to when life seemed to get crazy.
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Thank you so very, very much mol and GEBS for all of the hard work you've put in over the years! MysticWicks is in a class by itself. I absolutely love this site!
    I am a part of all that I have read.
    ~John Kieran

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
    ~The Dalai Lama

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
    ~Mother Teresa

You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul. You have a body.
    ~C.S. Lewis

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    Ah memories! Lightdragon, I was around for that. That's still my favorite logo.

I remember being on Icon board, where everything was posted at 7:00pm on December 31, 1969, posts were constantly eaten, and you had to refresh 5 times to get an actual page. It was like an adventure every time you signed in! And I'll never forget the night that we moved everything over. It was the night that it really hit home that I was surrounded by people who were absolutely nuts. But luckily, it was the same kind of nut that I am. :P

Over the years, I remember so much fun, and happiness, and joy, and pain and sorrow. I cannot over-state how much of an impact this site has had on my life. I've met some of my very best friends here. I moved halfway across the planet because of meeting my husband at this site. I've learned so much, and gained so much from this site.

I have no idea what stories to share, there really are so many. I can't list my friends here and gone, because there are too many. This site has been an amazing catalyst for mine and so many other lives. And I'm so happy and blessed to have been able to be a part of it for the past 10 years.

I know we were all super thrilled when we got our 50th member. Then our 100th. 1000th. 10,00th! And before we knew it, we're up to an astounding 30,000 + members. And I still remember just about every member up until around #3,000. Even if they never posted. I remember badgering Mol and Semele for years to allow people to give them money to help support the site. I remember the first time the community pulled together to help two of our own who were not going to be able to stay online anymore. I remember hysterical chats, drunken phone calls, and wandering aimlessly around New Hope, PA with a group of people from MW, repeatedly just enjoying the company. I remember people who have disappeared (like Radocs) and who have passed away, who have been banned, who have wandered off, and even some who are still here.

I love this site. I don't know where I'd be if I had never been introduced to it by Eaglewolf all those years ago. But I'm sure that there would be less awesome people in it, and life would have been much less interesting for the past decade!
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

I'm pretty sure I'll never know who got me here. It was a link on some person's blog that I stumbled on from some other side and I doubt they're still active.
    "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
    -Me

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

Hey GEBS and Mol,

I totally understand what Mol is saying, but let me say this. I dedicated my first book to Mol because of this site. Without Mysticwicks I wouldn't be on Live Person, I wouldn't have a book, I wouldn't have a website, or a business or anything really.

So thanks Mol for creating this place, it got me in touch with a lot of really cool people who pushed me to move forward and I think that's really important.

Kudos!

Namaste,
    Rhi

Rhiannon Paille
    If I were a food, I'd be a chinese buffet.
    Author of Integrated Intuition
    www.rhiannonpaille.com
    http://rhiannonpaille.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylara View Post
    I remember being on Icon board, where everything was posted at 7:00pm on December 31, 1969, posts were constantly eaten, and you had to refresh 5 times to get an actual page. It was like an adventure every time you signed in! And I'll never forget the night that we moved everything over. It was the night that it really hit home that I was surrounded by people who were absolutely nuts. But luckily, it was the same kind of nut that I am. :P
    So that's why i saw postings like that in some of the oldest threads here. And possibly why i see that date on other vBulletin type boards.

I remember Trey posting . I think the crystal forum was about ayear old when I got in here. And the oldest thread in there was one started by Mol about tiger's eye. It was a scientific study of the stone not metaphysical in the least. IMO that should be the official stone of Mystic Wicks. Rock Princess was the one who had all the knowledge of the time. And again it was scientific/geological studies not metaphysical. There was metaphysical stuff in there but not as much. That came in later on. This place advanced my skills in stone lore ten times the amount before hand. I have seen a few of it's ups and it's downs. i also remember crystal swaps.

I'm not here as long as you but i did see people come and go. wether they died ,were banned or just disappeared. i remember vaguely about this place helping someone out years ago. I've heard rumors of this and that.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    Time for one of my moments of truly opening up...a chance for you to see past Memnoch and see a little bit of Shaun.

Some know a lot of this, some do not, so I will share again. Memnoch wasn't my first username...in fact I've been through so many names that I don't remember which came first...I do know it was about 8 years ago when I joined. At that point I came here purely because Pawnman asked me to join, as he loved it here but he needed support...at that time the forum was quite fluffy, and he knew I would help counterbalance that. At that time my mission was primarily trolling, as my online home was the original Stile Project Forum...it was 4chan long before 4chan existed. It helped in making things like goatse famous. Slowly I realized that it was time for me to grow up a bit and have real conversations instead of flamewars. Sadly I crossed some lines, and I was banned, and I returned, and was banned again...I lead an invasion on this site (one of the most successful I might add). Despite all of this Mol was still willing to talk to me, and give me more chances. This all lead to more bans, some warranted, some not so much. Despite all of this Mol and Semele were willing to keep communicating with me...finally it was clear that not only did the forum despise me, but a vast majority of admins did as well and I was given my last ban. Despite this I remained active on MWAD, where I met my wife. Sometime, 2 or 3 years ago there had been enough change for my past to be forgotten. GEBS (originally GreenEyesBlueSoul...I remember ) talked to Mol, and the past was dropped. I was welcomed for the most part as if nothing happened. The admins forgave, the forum forgave, all was well. Since then I have redeemed myself in most peoples eyes, becoming a forum guide. But this isn't about me.

I've always thought most of what Mol had to say was true. It was bittersweet hearing it directly. Forums come and forums go, the reality is I have no clue what I would do with much of my free time without this forum. It has become my home. I think Njorun put it quite well, summing up my feelings about this dysfunctional family. Despite the frustration many of you cause me, I still care deeply for most of you. So thank you Mol, for continuing to support this forum financially. Thank you GEBS for continuing to support this forum with your hard work and intellectually and emotionally. And thank you to the community for continuing to support this forum with your ideas and posts, no matter how wrong or stupid I believe them to be :D
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

I stumbled upon this place in 2006 during the Great Discordian Uprising...as I like to call it. I enjoyed the place tremendously,and had a fantastic time being thought of as a troll. Don't get me wrong...I enjoy a good trolling...I think the right kind of troll is great for a Forum Board...I was just being myself. Which might actually make me a troll. I don't know. I think it depends on perspective.

As the years went by I found myself not really falling into place here...as like Memnoch, my views are very different from the majority here. Still, I persevere.

Still though...it's that diversity that makes MW so special. Sometimes I think the Admins here are chosen because we are so different from one another in religion, political ideation and personality. It ensures that one of us at least is always standing up for the opposing view. I like it. It means that MW acknowledges that we are not all cookie cutters of each other.

I feel frustrated at times here as well...as I think most of you are just plain wrong...:P but the challenge and discussion stimulates the mind and helps us learn and grow.

Congrats for 10 years, MW.
    "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
    instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,
    which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering."

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
    Sometimes I think the Admins here are chosen because we are so different from one another in religion, political ideation and personality. It ensures that one of us at least is always standing up for the opposing view. I like it. It means that MW acknowledges that we are not all cookie cutters of each other.

Yes! I'm always a little nervous at first that the addition will upset the balance but it always (usually) turns out well. In my NSHO I think we have a great Admin team. :heyalove:
    Support MW by subscribing

We don't exist without your help.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast