Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A letter from mol on 10 years of MW

Quote Originally Posted by lightdragon View Post

I remember Trey posting .

For those that think we show too much favoritism.... we banned Trey a few years ago. He was attaching copyrighted music to his posts in the music forum. Trey is our son.

I probably should unban him now that he's almost 15 and knows better.

(Technically it wasn't a ban. We stripped all his permissions except for one hidden forum but he thinks of it as a ban.)

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    Memnoch wasn't my first username...in fact I've been through so many names that I don't remember which came first...

I remember using your profile to test infractions/asshole points (that's what they are on MWad) because "We'll never let him back in."
    Support MW by subscribing

We don't exist without your help.

I am so thankful that this place exists. When I first joined here, I bounced around a lot in lots of different ways of thinking. It took a long while, but I finally know and understand what I believe. This place helped me sort a lot of things out. I haven't posted much here lately, but I still pop in and even post from time to time. I hang out more in MWad now and I am very grateful for that place too.

ETA: Thank you GEBS for not letting Mol shut MW down. So many of us would be lost without it.
    Last edited by EponaCapaill; February 17th, 2011 at 11:27 PM.
    "...You are a child of the universe;
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be..."

'Desiderata' Max Ehrmann 1927

Today, on this Earth, tomorrow that may change
    Quote Originally Posted by HecticEclectic View Post
    Thank you so very, very much mol and GEBS for all of the hard work you've put in over the years! MysticWicks is in a class by itself. I absolutely love this site!
    I second this.

There are so many thought-provoking posts in so many of the discussions that I even read things that do not really interest me for that reason. I also like that right in the middle of a serious discussion a little bit of light-hearted banter makes me laugh until tears come--then right back to the discussion as though there was never any side-tracking.

I have lurked on a few other forums, but none of them hold a candle to MW.

GEBS for insisting MW be kept up: :fpraise: :fpraise::fpraise:

Glo
    Never too old to explore!!!!

Where am I? Here

What am I doing? Whatever I choose.

Why am I doing it? Because I want to.

Live to love
    but do
    not be a rug--Me

Thanks for all the heart and soul you two have put into this place!
    daphnerose

****. If this place has been going for ten years, that means I've been here for 7 of them.

I've been banned and unbanned. I've upset many people. I'm so sorry for all that I did and did not do.

I'm glad you're all still here.

Hey there, GEBS & mol!

I remember who you are. I remember and am thankful for what you and this community meant for me and my wife. And even though I've grown away from this place, I will always remember MysticWicks.

Thank you for all your work and patience, your concerns and advise. I wish you joy, happiness, and health!
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

I remember mol. I've only been here since 2003 and then dropped of the earth for around a year recently.

It seems quieter of late, which is a little sad.

My Author Page
    That's the thing about magic. There's always consequences. Always.

*streaks through thread*
    The secret ingredient is LOVE!!

*returns to thread, respectfully dressed*

I also would like to express my thanks for the job done by Mol and Gebs. While it saddens me to hear Mol express his his feelings so, I can understand where he is coming from...

I did not see the upheaval from 5 years back, but I did notice some drama within the last year or so. I think that the drama was inspired by people who forgot the concept that each person has value in the world, and who think that their position is more important than the position of others.

I value MysticWicks as a community. I have friends here, and always enjoy the time that I spend here.

Hail Mol!
    The secret ingredient is LOVE!!

I found MW when I was still in high school (or maybe middle school?) So you guys have been there for me through my formative years and I honestly don't know what kind of a person I would have become if I didn't have all of you as positive role models when I was younger (I'm 22 and in my first 'real job' now).

That said, I know I lurk more than I post, and I've left a few times, work cuts in, or school, or for a while there it was WoW, I still don't know whether to be ashamed of that or not... But I knew that if I needed anything or had a crisis you guys were all here, regardless of whether you knew me or not.

I very happily remember forum stalking GEBS, mol, and some of the other mods at the time reading everything you guys posted with almost stalkerish fanaticism. So thank you for helping raise this nerdy and impressionable little kid. You guys and this site have had a huge impact on my life and the way I view the world.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast