Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A letter from mol on 10 years of MW

The thing that matters most to me above all is Mol taught me humility and forgiveness.
    That will stay with me forever!!!!!
    And this isnt just talk. No one has ever shown me the good inside like Mol has.
    His influence caused major change for me that my gratitude cant be expressed in words.
    Thank you Mol, from the heart, always.

I will never forget.

~hugs~

I truly love MW. I really liked your letter.

I've been a "lurker" for 5 years on and off and I've been a member for 4 years now. I've had various user names and aliases, conversations, and discussions with many people. I've learned a lot about faith, community, and people in general.

I don't know where I would be without MW. MW really has helped me grow up from a whiny pre-teen into a young adult.

I'm glad for MW because I know my voice counts.... even if I'm quiet.

-Krissa
    Christina Sparrow

previous MW usernames: VioletStarLizard - lil'BuddhistWich - SunflowerWriter

I am a sparrow, the smallest of songbirds...

been wondering where you were mol. sorry some people made you feel that way. meh. you get all types phooey on them anyways. thanks to both of you for keeping my second home going. didn't realize it had been around for 10 years though. wow.
    Last edited by aluokaloo; February 21st, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
    "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

is offline Don't call down the Thunder
    I remember way back when it was a candle board...I actually work with mol IRL and he turned me onto it. I posted a couple of times, but that was it. Then a few years later Rick, (future hubby), re-introduced me to the site. I think that was 2004 and I've been here ever since.
    I've conducted the marriage of a couple of members here and then sadly, one of their funerals a few years later.
    I've taught here. I was Editor in Chief of the magazine for awhile...then GEBS asked me to join the admin team. It's been a long interesting journey.
    It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Elise

ETA--The support Rick and I had when WE got married was awesome. I still have the gifts and cards that were sent to us by people from all over the place. I still go back to the thread with all the with all the well wishes occasionally. It is nice to review the memories.
    Last edited by ~Elise~; February 22nd, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
    *~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Resident Beotch

It seems some folks confuse "secrets" with Mysteries.
    The Mysteries aren't secret.
    They are there for whoever wishes to seek them out.
    There just aren't any shortcuts.

That's the Secret.

Don't ask Life to polish you into a jewel and then complain about all the rough treatment!

If you're talking shit behind my back - then you're close enough to kiss my ass.

I've been here since Dec. 04, I don't post as much as I used to. although I am lurking quite a bit. There have been alot of changes over the years I've been here, some good, some bad, some just different. I remember mol and GEBS, its good to hear from both of you. Thanks for keeping the place running.
    There Is No Such Thing As Too Many Cats
    My Cats Are The Boss Of Me

8 years of my life I've been a member of one community. This place is home. Mol will always be the site god in my eyes, and GEBS has done an amazing job with the place, it was, is, and probably always will be home to me, no matter how quiet I am for how long.

"Hail Mol!...Dude, whats a Mol?"
    I always wanted that bumper sticker.
    10 years later and this place has grown up so much....and I still haven't hit 2000 posts yet!

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    It's still available.
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

The Great Redwoods of Northern California
    I feel like I've been here forever! 2002 is a long time ago
    mol, site-god...so sorry we never got to meet up in OK. Sorry people chased you away from your own site. I'm still glad its here
    GEBS, your a doll!

I haven't been around much, lurking mostly (and getting in twouble )

Here's to the next 10 years!

WynterWynd (aka VroomBroom)

Nothing in the world is friendlier than a wet dog

Sometimes I dream that a big, giant squirrel is carrying me away. Does that make me a nut?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
    Disciple of Jodarius~~Keep of the Names
    AKA: VroomBroom

Proud mom of a LCPL, US Marine!
    VMAQ1
    Semper Fi!

Hell, even I drop in from time to time....still waiting to hear back on that whole Johnny Cash flipping the bird avatar thing...

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    Wow, 10 years. Congrats, mol and GEBS! Happy, uh, web-aversary.

I haven't been here in a long time, but I am grateful that this site continues to exist and thrive. It been a haven for me to return to whenever I needed it. I'm not the most sociable person in the world, and over the years, this site has provided me with a kind of human contact that I needed, while still allowing me to maintain my comfort-level of solitude.

Thank you, both of you (and to Semele when she was here), for the existence of this place. And thank you, too, to all of the people I have exchanged messages with or traded amusing and/or loaded posts with.
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast