Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: A letter from mol on 10 years of MW

Just re-read this...

Man, what a dick this guy mol is...

Thanks, everyone. *Hugs* to Shanti.
    mol

sitegod/system_administrator/founder/member/engineer/enigma
    follow mysticwicks on twitter | my blog

This forum got me through the most difficult thing I've ever had to go through. Without it I'm not sure I'd have even survived.

p.s. I'm not weirdly over-curious, I do actually remember you
    Robert Browning
    Porphyria's Lover
    THE rain set early in to-night,
    The sullen wind was soon awake,
    It tore the elm-tops down for spite,
    And did its worst to vex the lake:
    I listen'd with heart fit to break.
    When glided in Porphyria; straight
    She shut the cold out and the storm,
    And kneel'd and made the cheerless grate
    Blaze up, and all the cottage warm;

:cheers:

SO FUNNY - http://www.devilducky.com/media/32904/

pentacle magazine (click for link)

Today, on this Earth, tomorrow that may change
    Quote Originally Posted by mol View Post
    Just re-read this...

Man, what a dick this guy mol is...

Thanks, everyone. *Hugs* to Shanti.

We all have bad times. Hopefully you can remember next time that we all think this was one of the best things you have ever done. I am going to stick my neck out and say: I expect the rest of us think it was only topped by marrying GEBS.

Glo
    Never too old to explore!!!!

Where am I? Here

What am I doing? Whatever I choose.

Why am I doing it? Because I want to.

Live to love
    but do
    not be a rug--Me

Thank you both. I've posted little; read a lot. I've had a place not to be alone.
    I don't need a god to make me safe
    I am safe by knowing I am where I should be
    a part of all that is

Nine years ... wow! I'm in and out, sometimes just checking in, sometimes lurking around, some few times posting a bit. Thx for this, mol for starting it, gebs for making sure it kept/keeps going.
    --gillian

************************************************************************************************
    And the Goddess? She stands between the worlds. She is ivory, her breasts bare, her bare arms braceleted with gold snakes. (Denise Levertov)

"Life happens everywhere. Towards the end of my life in this community, I was betrayed. That is right, betrayed. People that I had considered my friends turned on me without reason. I was in the middle of a horrible divorce and instead of support, I received grief and ridicule. I did the only thing that a sane person would do in my position. I said: “hug you.”

So, I haven’t been around that much for years. My wife (GEBS) runs the community in the fashion that I always did. I just take care of the servers and software. I do this because no matter what betrayal I felt, I know that the main goal of what I had started is still going strong."

I admit, I saw this email in my Inbox back in February and I quickly hit delete. I've been deleting them for the past 5 years, but never had the heart to abandon my account all together. I guess I really am that sentimental.

I remember the early days, and today as read about the 20 fake accounts, I am ..... disappointed. duped... let down. Then again, over the years as those "people" disappeared, and Mol was more vocal with the "veterans", they just seemed part of the concrete slab the Mystic Wicks was built on. This community, in the early days and into the later part of 2006, became a haven of sorts for me.

During **The Divorce** I was disgusted with the things I read about Mol, the absolute character assassinations, misplaced loyalties, and overall bad behavior, that I left. For good. I felt that Camp Semele had taken over and that was that - he got the forum but she got the community. Any opinion or voice I had was edited, sequestered and silenced because I dared to throw my lot for Mol. I haven't engaged with anyone for any reason on this board since.

I left before GEBS stepped into the Community Leadership role, so I really can not comment either way. It is disappointing when an online forum dwindles.

To end on a happier note, I would like to say that for the 2004 elections, the MysticWicks Forums had by and large the most articles, opinions, educational blogs and other information than any other source.
    Thanks for keeping it alive.

BeachWitch

(And I still believe large signatures are a waste of bandwidth)

I can't claim to have been very active on the forum to have memories of any sort to mention. I do however appreciate hearing the origins of this place. I think Mol shows more patience and dedication than I would have under the same circumstances. That, at least, gives me something to reflect on in my own life. I thank you for your message and lesson even if it was not your intention. I think it is something I needed to read. I wish your site a happy rebirth and look forward to more actively sharing new experiences here as you had intended long ago.

I have to say that is has been five years since I have been on this site. I do miss it. I was very surprised that most of the people that used to be here are not anymore. But why should I be surprised, I was gone for five years. Life happens! I was known as Jazzmine when I was on here before. I am not much of a poster, but am quite the reader. This site is absolutely huge now. I have to say it has grown into a very large community. Thank you so much Mol and Gebs for sticking with it. You have done well. I was glad to still see it here alive and well.
    Live well, Laugh often, Love much

To revive a thread -

I adore this community. They have often been the only source of intelligent conversation with participants over the age of 7 for me.
    They have been there for me to vent with.
    They have been there for me to cry.

They have also been there for me to rant and rave and want to throw t hings at certain "sexy assholes" Memmy, I'm looking at you. I get challenged here. This community means a lot.
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle - as old and as true as the Sky. And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Sorry to necromance this thread; but I must say that I am thankful for mol and GEBS' and the MW community. I have drifted in and out, and registered under different usernames at different times. I lurked through the 'bad times' and saw Semele's departure, and GreenEyesBlueSoul's transformation into GEBS. I've seen the CoT full of amazing people with wonderful ideas, and I've seen MWAD devolve into one fight after another.

Through this all, though, I'd just like to say 'thanks'. Thanks that, whenever the bug bites me, I can lob up to MW, attempt a few times to remember my login (subsequently give up) and say hello to a community that I've known on and off for the majority of my years of internet usage.

Cheers,
    Alex

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast