Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Being Human

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)

Being Human

I LOVE this show on SyFy. Anyone else a fan?

I haven't had a good sci-fi / fantasy show to watch since Buffy went off the air. (Not that there haven't been plenty of them out there. I just didn't click with any of them, personally.)

I haven't seen the BBC's version of it yet. (I was given to understand that the UK version is the original.)
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

I've only seen the BBC version and I love it.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    I'm really going to have to hunt for it on On Demand so I can see it for myself. One fan had written that the British version of Bishop is not as good as the American version. I bet he's just fine.

I do think their accents in the American version are off. People in Boston do NOT sound like that. (Then again, the rest of the country might not be able to stand the show if it used REAL Boston accents. We can be kind of abrasive.)
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

I love the BBC show (and yes it was the original and is going into its third season,) but the US version is slowly growing on me due to the plot changes they have made.

Also for you if your interested http://www.bbc.co.uk/beinghuman/

As for Bishop well I love how both actors portray him. However I think if I had to pick one of the two it would be Mark Pellegrino has a good rep for doing villains
    Last edited by SilverClaw; February 27th, 2011 at 11:22 PM.

BBC version RULES! Haven't watched the SYFY version yet...
    She came Lilith, a perfect myth
    The scarlet whore
    Skinned in magnificence
    In her defense
    She only slew a few of them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's pretty darn good, DVR it every week on Scify

I got into the BBC version first and was skeptical about the US version, but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. It's different in many ways, but still similar. They both have their own strengths and weaknesses.

The BBC version used to be On Demand (Comcast), but it's expired by now. The Syfy version is On Demand, though.

You can find the BBC version on TV-links and others sites, though.

i've watched and loved the BBc version, and i told my mom about it..but something didn't quite register hwen i mentioned it, i don't get syfy (it costs to darn much to get the package my cable company has that offers it) and my mom started telling me all about this new show she was watching on syfy and i said "oh, you mean Being Human! i was watching that a year or so back on BBBc!" and she said it's based in Boston on sy fy (we live just south of Boston), but the story line sounds kind of similar.

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    I've only seen the UK version, which wasn't bad. I found it to be a bit slow at times. I did, however, really like the 'Becoming Human' spin off that they had going online.

Oh, and if you can't watch those things on the actual TV, sidereel.com or fastpasstv.com hava some great links to where you can watch them online for free.
    Site Adminstrator, (Yes, really!)
    Official Site Vixen, 100% Grade A Evil,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    subscribe to mw

Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking.

"Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

is offline Silence! I will smite you!
    I got hooked on it via hulu.
    I have not been able to see the UK(original) version yet.
    That will be soon I hope.
    In memory of my brother.
    July 12 1965-July 7 2005.
    May you find peace on your journey.

"To be a man you must have honor, honor and a penis!"
    ~ Shin Chan ~

Tormentor of Fairywolf!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast