Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beings above the Gods?

Beings above the Gods?

Didn't know where to put this, but...

I was thinking today of something while at work (we were dead, so I could actually be chill and gather my thoughts lol). People...or at least the people I have come across seem to think that Gods are the highest beings in the known universe. But, I was thinking, what if there is a being that is even higher than that? What would it be? (Assuming you believe in God or Gods to begin with).

Did any of that make sense? If not I'll elaborate but if so, let me know what you think!
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

If there are beings above God(s), then that being is/are God(s).

So while it makes sense that maybe there is something above Gods, wouldnt that being also then be God?

Quote Originally Posted by EavanStar View Post
    If there are beings above God(s), then that being is/are God(s).

So while it makes sense that maybe there is something above Gods, wouldnt that being also then be God?
    I was thinking maybe she was thinking of it like the Christian hierarchy?

One God, one ultimate being, with angels being the lesser beings?

Maybe I am confused.

No, not as a Christian hierarchy. I suppose I was just thinking, what if there was another being out there that was higher than a God in terms of power and such? I guess we tend to see the Gods as the ultimate beings, but I was just thinking, what if there is another one out there?

I dunno. I think I just confused the hell out of everyone lol.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

God is an intelligent spher whose center is everywhere & whose circumference is nowhere. THe Infinite Light & self creator. He/she created "four beasts" each to rule a quarter of the Universe. They created Seven Lesser Gods to be in charge of the Seven Heavins. The Christians call them "Arch Angles", the rest of the world call them Gods & Godesses & worship them by many names. Jupiter, Mars, Hekat, Venis/Lucifer, Isis,ect.
    Last edited by omar; March 6th, 2011 at 11:21 PM.

The Greeks had/have a philosophy about there being The One, who is kind of like a God bigger and greater than all the other gods. The One however, is pretty much unknowable to us and must be filtered down through one of the gods. Plato spoke about this in some of his writings. Don't quote me on this as I'm probably misrepresenting it!

I have tried to make the concept work for me, in that I sense a oneness that is bigger than, and greater than the gods. I'm not even sure if it is another god, or simply the source of spiritual life that the gods filter down to us. We connect with this when we feel our muse, or in times of spiritual ecstasy.

This is one of the things that keeps me working with the Christian paradigm. Because in it we have a God who transcends all knowledge and understanding. Yet in this same being, we also have a personal god who speaks to us and helps us through our personal issues in life. Add in the other gods on the same level as angels, saints, or demons, and the hierarchy seems to work. The only big issue is that Jehovah is sometimes The One beyond all comprehension, and other times a god no greater than any of the other pagan deities.

But hey, details details...
    Tobias

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its labourers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

-Dwight D Eisenhower

There are different types of gods and goddesses.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Sounds like to me you're asking who created the creator kind of thing. The way I know things to be is this: There are the creators Female/ Male. Then there are many aspects of both (insert any Goddess/God name) that are chaneled into, communed with, prayed to, etc. But none the less there were always beings who created existance.... How they were created I have noooooooo clue, maybe one day I will.....

From my perspective...yes there is something/someone beyond gods/goddesses. It is unknowable, but I believe there is evidence of its existence through Balance and the opposites we know so well.
    What We have fought and bled for will never be lost to us.

Huh.

The only thing that comes to mind is Brahman, who is beyond and above all images, notions and beliefs about deity. There's the gods and than there's Brahman. Kemetic Orthodox (HoN flavor) has a similar idea, where you have the Names (gods) and Netjeru (totality).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast