Thread: Two Reasons for Post | Spider Spirit/Totem Animal

Two Reasons for Post | Spider Spirit/Totem Animal

Several months ago, actually close to a year ago when I first started studying, I was meditating. While meditating I was concentrating one animals, specifically trying to find my spirit animal/totem animal. While meditating I had three flashes of images of spiders (various types). Afterward I felt very very fatigued and drained. Since then I have noticed an increase in spiders around me, even after moving back from Germany to San Antonio. I believe this is me being told the Spider will guide me through my life (I was focusing on something to help with my entire life).

This post is to serve two purposes. One, is to share my experience with others to see if they have had something similar. The other is to find out what exactly the qualities of a Spider Totem are, and how to start incorporating the Spider into my rituals, or if I even need/should do that. Pretty much how do I work with it? I don't have much experience with them, and truth be told, I'm slightly freaked out by them.

I had the same kind of experience. I read Earth Magic by Steven Farmer and he said if you meditated with the intention of finding your spirit animal, it would most likely be the first animal that visited you in meditation.

When I did it, I had this flash of clarity that it was Fox. After that I saw foxes everywhere we went - on book jackets, in displays at museums we visited, just everywhere.

I don't do a lot of rituals, but I do visit Fox from time to time in meditation, particularly if I have a question. I also call on Fox for protection when I teach meditation.

It would probably be helpful to research what Spider symbolizes and how it can best help you. Maybe you could ask in meditation what it would like to do in working with you?

I hope this helps.

Peace and light,

Terra

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRLE View Post
    This post is to serve two purposes. One, is to share my experience with others to see if they have had something similar. The other is to find out what exactly the qualities of a Spider Totem are, and how to start incorporating the Spider into my rituals, or if I even need/should do that. Pretty much how do I work with it? I don't have much experience with them, and truth be told, I'm slightly freaked out by them.
    I had a similar experience. I was meditating with the intention of meeting my primary totem animal and I had only been meditating for a few minutes when an insect flew right up in my face, I saw it as sort of an outline or line drawing. My first thought was Bee, but it backed up and turned and it was clearly Dragonfly. It didn't stay long. Since then I have seen dragonflies everywhere and reflecting back, I've always seen dragonflies, I just didn't pay much attention.

I googled Dragonfly totem and found quite a bit of info.

I don't know about Spider, though I'm relatively certain it is my shadow totem, because I am terrified of them.
    "...You are a child of the universe;
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,
    whatever you conceive Him to be..."

'Desiderata' Max Ehrmann 1927

is offline (Adoreable) Community Member
    If a spider shows up it means its time to do some thinking, take that wisdom and apply it to your life. You should also be wary of any potential traps and ruses. Also i would have to urge to u begin to explore beyond the mundane world. HOWEVER if it was a brown spider then hede the following, this is a warning that there is much toxcity in your life, and it is time to purge it from your body and any other relationships present in your life.
    the true assention: Jesus died and went up to heaven. Upon entering nobody was there. he was all alone...and then it hit...The voice had tricked him...there was no pie.

Please, Send your energies to those who suffer from Anatidaephobia...They need your help more than ever, And remember, Anatidaephobia is no laughing matter. Check with your doctor immediatly if you have Anatidaephobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    If a spider shows up it means its time to do some thinking, take that wisdom and apply it to your life. You should also be wary of any potential traps and ruses. Also i would have to urge to u begin to explore beyond the mundane world. HOWEVER if it was a brown spider then hede the following, this is a warning that there is much toxcity in your life, and it is time to purge it from your body and any other relationships present in your life.
    That makes sense, when I first had it come to me I was making the decision to leave the Army. What do you mean explore beyond the mundane world?

is offline (Adoreable) Community Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRLE View Post
    That makes sense, when I first had it come to me I was making the decision to leave the Army. What do you mean explore beyond the mundane world?
    Take time to meditate. Explore your mind and begin looking into the astral realm if you desire. Or maybe explore the people around you on a deeper level almost like Aura reading.
    the true assention: Jesus died and went up to heaven. Upon entering nobody was there. he was all alone...and then it hit...The voice had tricked him...there was no pie.

Please, Send your energies to those who suffer from Anatidaephobia...They need your help more than ever, And remember, Anatidaephobia is no laughing matter. Check with your doctor immediatly if you have Anatidaephobia.

I just want to say that I think accepting your insect totems is so awesome. I always see people (usually fluffy bunnies...sigh....) saying "omg my totem is wolf!!11!!!!" It's not always going to be a "cool" or "glamorous" animal. Insects can have so much to teach us!

I haven't quite figured out my totem yet, but I think it's either Butterfly or Mantis.