Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charmed

Charmed

Anyone here love the show Charmed? I know it really has no basis in my beliefs (you know the whole practice of good magick opens the doors to evil and all that) but I still love it lol. I get up early every morning and go to my parents house to watch two hours of reruns on TNT. That is until i get my TV at home up off the floor and buy the last four seasons. I was just wondering if there was anyone who loved this show too.

Despite it not having anything to do with our beliefs, I too love Charmed.
    Brightest Blessings,
    Ivy AutumnMoon

For strictly entertainment purposes I think its cute.

Can't stand it. Bad acting, bad script writing and bad special effects. I tend to feel they didn't even bother sometimes because they knew the whole tossing in a bit of magic thing would make it sell regardless - kinda like the Harry Potter movies.

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
    The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Didn't watch it, I thought it was a silly show. But I could be the oddball because I couldn't stand Buffy either and yet so many people loved it.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    I like it. It's a little brainless at times, but it's nice to watch. I like watching Julian McMahon as Cole. I think that Holly Marie Combs who plays Piper is a really good actress. I also like the demon Barbas.

My husband didn't like it either at first, but it kind of gets you hooked. The later seasons only has 2 good things, though. And that's Brian Krause and Holly Marie Combs.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

It's one of my favourite shows. Yes, the magical aspects of it are really silly, but what I think really makes it a good show is the bond between the sisters, the forbidden love between Piper and Leo and its obstacles and triumphs, and the emphasis on family (especially in the later seasons when Piper has children). The magic just adds a little extra drama and supernatural flare.

is offline My pet Cricket has restless leg syndrome
    I used to watch it until it turned into a soap opera...the whole Balthazar/Pheobe thing, Piper/Leo, etc etc. I stopped after Prue (Pru?) died. I watched it for a bit after that, then lost interest.

Top favs list

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cricket View Post
    I used to watch it until it turned into a soap opera...the whole Balthazar/Pheobe thing, Piper/Leo, etc etc. I stopped after Prue (Pru?) died. I watched it for a bit after that, then lost interest.
    well this was an Aaron Spelling production. This was the guy who made Dynasty.

seasons 1-4 were good. season 5 was more for eye candy.

and the rest just bad especially the last season.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast