Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Charmed

is offline Somewhere between light and dark
    I just finished watching all 8 seasons. I struggled with a few of the seasons but overall it was fun to watch even if somewhat corny and overly dramatic at times, especially in the last couple seasons.

Blinkie from THE ONE AND ONLY FLAIRE! Thanks!! As always YOU'RE THE BEST!!

I liked the first couple of seasons but then after that it went south with me.... but I'm totally excited about the "Secret Circle" that suppose to start soon on the CW... can't wait....

It's okay, in my opinion. My aunt is a much bigger fan of it than I am, though.

I hated the show when it first came out, by the series end it was my secret shame to be a Charmed fan. The special effects were no worse than any other show on TV at the time (and really, for Leo orbing out and certain other bits of magic, there should have been no FX to make the idea of keeping magic secret believable).

What got me and kept me was the addition of Wyatt. Piper's explorations with being the mommy to such a magical child were not only entertaining but resonated quite clearly for me.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Quote Originally Posted by WitchJezebel View Post
    Didn't watch it, I thought it was a silly show. But I could be the oddball because I couldn't stand Buffy either and yet so many people loved it.
    I also couldn't stand Charmed and Buffy.

Not a fan of it at all. *shudders*
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

I liked it up until around the point that Paige came on the show, and I'm not quite certain why either. It wasn't really because of Paige. I think it was just that the series had gone on too long and the writers had kept piling more and more (upping the anti) and it just because bleh to me. I kind of felt like, you know, when Roseann had her last baby. Things just kind of dried out.

As an aside, what is it about dying series that bring in new babies to the show? It's like marriages or relationships; they think the best thing to do to fix things is have a baby but it always makes it worse. XD

I love the show. To this day I still watch marathons of it on netflix. I loved it even more when they killed off Prue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3