Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charmed

is offline Where words fail, music speaks.
    It has its moments. I've never been a stalwart fan, but I'll watch it. Well, unless it's a last season episode. I. Hate. Billie.
    "Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When the Wolf walks by you...you will remember."
    -Robert Ghost Wolf

It's the fire in my eyes and the flash of my teeth
    the swing in my waist and the joy in my feet.
    I'm a woman
    Phenomenally
    Phenomenal woman
    That's me.
    -Maya Angelou, Phenomenal Woman

Dragon eggies!

Currently accepting requests for tarot readings via PM.

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    I liked it best before Prue died. Actually, I liked it best for the first four episodes. It was right at that point where it still had the Mysterious factor and the Trendiness factor. After that point, it lost its edginess. And then once Prue was gone, the show became the "Fairytale Costume of the Week" show. I still watched it, even then, but I griped ever more about it. And then, the last couple seasons, where that blonde chick from "8 Simple Rules" was on the show.... Oh, it was truly awful. By that point, I was only watching just because I'd been watching it for so long, I figured I'd see it through to the end.
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscordianKitten View Post
    Can't stand it. Bad acting, bad script writing and bad special effects. I tend to feel they didn't even bother sometimes because they knew the whole tossing in a bit of magic thing would make it sell regardless - kinda like the Harry Potter movies.
    I thought the same too.
    I tried to like it, but it was just so...bad. Holly Marie Combs, for some reason, annoys the hell out of me (maybe how she talks, IDK), so that didn't help. The plot and dialog were bad. And the magic was so cheesy. Does everything have to rhyme? I didn't know whether to LOL or roll my eyes at some of the episodes...they were just lame.

I loved it.. still do. I have all the seasons..its one of my favorites..the other is Supernatural.
    If I really could ride a broomstick, then I wouldnt get stuck in traffic!!

Happy Mabon.. Fall is here!

You know I agree that the acting isn't so great, the special effects are kinda corny, and the Wicca part is not really too accurate. But think about it this way, at least in the early seasons, they went around vanquishing demons. Its like a metaphor, the demons they destroy could be looked at as the normal demons we face in everyday life. I don't know there was more I wanted to convey in this but my train of thought is gone lol.

Love it and have watched it on and off over the years.

I am not a TV watcher but I watched that show religiously. Both of my children are addicted to it to the point that for my daughters 18th birthday she spent over $100 buying the entire series for herself.
    “When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure” ~ Peter Marshall
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Eiddwen View Post
    You know I agree that the acting isn't so great, the special effects are kinda corny, and the Wicca part is not really too accurate. But think about it this way, at least in the early seasons, they went around vanquishing demons. Its like a metaphor, the demons they destroy could be looked at as the normal demons we face in everyday life. I don't know there was more I wanted to convey in this but my train of thought is gone lol.
    if the script is bad and the actors are not that good to begin with. the morale will degrade and their acting will stink even more. one of the reasons Shannen Doherty wanted out(besides of having fights with Alyssa Milano).and Rose McGowan went for therapy to struggle through season six onwards(as Spelling had an iron clad contracts and wouldn't release them.). the special effects weren't too good as probably the budget wouldn't allow it. and offhand early shows didn't just deal with vanquishing demons. but according to McGowan, Spelling wanted the show geared towards 13-15 yr old girls. also everyone researched Wicca in the beginning. but it was poor at best. toward the end they just got sloppy.
    MYSTIC WICKS Needs your help!Please donate or subscribe!

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I have all 8 seasons. I love the show. Even when it's really, really bad.
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Charmed was and will always be my top favourite show, mostly for sentimental purposes even though it is not a great production or an excellent show. I started watching when i was in 6th grade when i was 11-12 and it followed me throughout my early teen years. It's amazing how much a show can do for you especially when you are young. It fed my desire for the supernatural and magic, it helped me greatly improve my english as it is not my native language and it emotionally supported me in my bad times if that is possible to happen. Back then it was a show for whose characters i deeply cared about. You followed them through the years and they followed you. Nowadays it's hard to bond that way with the characters of modern shows because they mostly depend on special effects or a quick paced scenario that leaves character development out.

Admittedly it was a bit silly and not all too well produced.I can definately see this now that i am older and can compare to other productions. But i still watch it now and then in an honourary way and when i just want to smile. Also admittedly it got worst in the latest seasons, i didn't like Billie either and i certainly didn't like her sister. But like another poster said there are many good things you can find in there. There is sisterhood and the devotion to family, some witty dialogues,love etc And you can see character development.

Oh, the summer time is coming,
    And the trees are blooming,
    And the wild mountain thyme
    Grows around the blooming heather.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast