Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Choosing a craft name

is offline Shadow walker and feeder of felines
    Mine was given to me by others.

So I think I know what I'm going to go with. I thought that an Asian name would be very fitting to me because I've loved and studies Asia for many years. And, my cats are very precious to me. My first cat is called Cobra, which is also a symbol I love because it represents wisdom and serenity in many cultures. And it's associated with Kemetic gods, which I very much love. So I chose the Chinese word for cobra, Yanjing Sh. Just Yanjing for short. It means "glasses" but I will write it with different characters to mean "Swallow awakening". I think it is pretty and poetic.

Somewhere Dark and confusing,but sometimes comfortable
    I messed around with my craft name(despite not really needing one) and I still haven't fully settled on one yet,but my Fave so far is 'Lilith Волна'

Lilith meaning 'belong to the night', 'owl' or 'moon'.
    Волна(Vol-na) Meaning 'Tide'

Or just Lilith for short. I've always loved the name and think its just magical.:D

I was really relived when I didn't have to mess around with the spelling and such*blushes* I'm not great in that department. I really wanted a name that combined two of my favourite roots of my family.
    Last edited by U-we-tsi-a-ge-ya; March 30th, 2011 at 12:39 AM.

What I mean to say is,Yes,In the end we are all in the same boat.We're all just too busy trying to sink eachother to see it.~Me

Change is the only consistant thing in this world~Me

I am a Women,Therefore it is in my very Nature to be soul deep,caring,Increadibly complex and a constant source of awe and headaches!~Me

Exactly Why is it that 'With all Due Respect' really means kiss my ass.~Me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://cooltext.com/

The closest I have to a 'craft name' is the name I use in the online blogosphere... Eardcwen, which is a joining of two Anglo-Saxon words roughly translating to 'Woman of the Earth' or 'Woman of the Ancestral Land', I tend to go with the first translation.

I picked it because it's something that wont ever change, it's a core part of my spirituality, no matter how much it evolves and I have Anglo-Saxon heritage and like the language, so I chose to go with that. I may end up tagging middle or last name to it, but they will probably remain private.

I have only one part to my craft name so far. Moswen is a name that I found skimming through a baby name site. =P It means white in egyptian. My totem animal is a white spitz and my gods are those of the egyptian pantheon. Both the color and the culture hold a lot of meaning for me, so the name is perfect. I will probably choose a second half to go along with it someday. =3

Natural Aromatic Cedar Wood Blocks

~The Pokemon Playground Area!

Back when I First started looking into paganism and needed a good online ID, I was really drawn to the image of Cernunnos the Horned god of the Gauls(well some of them), but I didnt want to go by the name Cernunnos, so I shortened it to Kern with a K. <It wasnt until after this that I noticed Brad Kern the director or any other use of it.>
    If I had the money I would officially change my name to Kern, because it really fits me more than my birth name. I have never done an official ritual or anything making it an official craft name though. Never felt the need to.
    At one time I did go by an Anglo-Saxon name and a Roman name when I was into those paths, but neither felt like me really.
    Last edited by Kern; April 2nd, 2011 at 10:29 AM.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

My Beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by Garm View Post
    Mine is macaroni and cheese dinner
    Yep. And you know what those solitary eclectics like!
    Craft Singles.

:3 In all seriousness, I don't have a formal Name, haven't done a ceremony or... officially taken it on or anything, but. I almost feel like I don't need to. "Sylver" has been my "second name" for so many years, it's as much my name as my legal one.

Which has been changed too, for safety reasons. So. My birth name has been changed, but Sylver remains the same. That means it's more my name than the one on a sheet of paper. And I'd like to think any of my Beloved Dead or deity or entities... would call me that.
    ... And while you're at it, keep the nightlight on inside the birdhouse in your soul. <3

The image of the Phoenix has resonated with me since I was kid but when I took a magical name I thought it too common so I chose Firehawk instead, several years later an opportunity came along to rename myself so I decided to go back to the name I had always really wanted just this time I added a second name that was unique to me.
    Last edited by Dark Phoenix; May 19th, 2011 at 01:47 PM.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are tweny gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg"- Thomas Jefferson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Somewhere one side or the other of sanity.
    http://www.widdershins.org/vol3iss4/m9710.htm

A completely serious pun intended guide to Craft names

Enjoy it in the spirit it was written
    "Cattle die, kinsmen die, one day you yourself must die.

I know one thing that never dies:
    the dead man's reputation."

Havamal- Sayings of the High One

Closest thing to a craft name is my name here Ebony. :P

Its my baby dragons! :D
    Well, none at the moment. :'(

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast