Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Choosing a craft name

I think using the meanings of my birth name would have to work, if I wanted a craft name. xD

Apparently my first name is the same name as a Norse god. O___O I couldn't find any info on him
    'It is of Norwegian and Old German origin, is pronounced RON-dee, RAN-dee.and the meaning of Randi is "fair, wise judge; wolf shield". Mythology: name of a Norse god.'

Middle name is too Christian for my liking >< 'It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning is "Jehovah increases". Feminine form of Joseph with the diminutive suffix -ine'

Old German, Hebrew, and spanish last name. XD I've got German and lots of mexican in me, but no hebrew. Baaah.

I did some mediation on what my name should be. Knew it had to be three letters. Took the meaning of my birth name and found, Ula. It means sea gem. I had someone tell me recently that Ullr is a Norse god. Was pretty surprised.

I have given myself a variety of craft names over the years. Let's see if this one sticks.
    Cosmic
    Tree Forest

My name just came to me. In ritual, I've been Iris ever since.
    "From too much love of living,
    From hope and fear set free,
    We thank with brief thanksgiving
    Whatever gods may be
    That no life lives for ever;
    That dead men rise up never;
    That even the weariest river
    Winds somewhere safe to sea."

I got the idea to come up with anagrams of my given name to make a name. That helped me see what letter combinations appealed to me. The names "Tana" and "Alba" have endured for me as aspects or characters. "Gisela" is a German name I gave to a character, but it's the one to which I feel most connected now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5