Thread: Learning Reiki

is offline Ecentric Pagan Exploring Kemetic

Learning Reiki

Hello all.
    I'm a massage student and this past quarter we had a Reiki presentation in one of my classes by a local (to me) Reiki Grand Master.

Now when I went home I was feeling skeptical, but kept thinking about it. Wondered if I learned more about it it would make more sense to me. I've been doing a lot of lurking and reading in these forums.

Interestingly enough I ran into this person again when I was helping to proctor beginning class's finals. So I talked to her, took her card, and eventually emailed her expressing my interest to learn more about it.

I asked her how many meetings with her it would take to learn about this healing; and she told me one 2 hr meeting to help me decide if I want this in my life and 2 2 hour meetings if I decide to go further and receive Initiation. I'm guessing that Initiation and Atumement are the same thing.

My question is.....

Is it really that simple? A whole four hours of my time to really get going? It doesn't seem like enough to me. Maybe I'm just over thinking it. I meet with her next weekend for my first time.

I think you may be misunderstanding. It sounds like the teacher is talking about what it takes to 'start', not finish.
    Initiation isnt the same as attunement especially since there are 3 levels of attunement that are needed to be learned.

Its a process and to me it sounds like the teacher was speaking about what it takes to just start on the path.

I would go spend a hour talking to the teach and see if I feel right with it.

is offline Ecentric Pagan Exploring Kemetic
    Ok that makes sense.