Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about the God and Goddess in Traditional Witchcraft

Quote Originally Posted by brandonc1981 View Post
    From what i've understood, Witchcraft is just the practice of Magick.
    No. While magic maybe a componet part of some practices there are practices that do not use any magic at all. Diviners, readers, healers, animal husbandry, none of those persay have to use magic and that is just off the top of my head.

Interesting. I've read that Traditional witches will only stick to one pantheon, like a Celtic god and Celtic goddess, a Norse God and a Norse Goddess, or a Welsh God and a Welsh Goddess. Is that true or something that someone made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    Interesting. I've read that Traditional witches will only stick to one pantheon, like a Celtic god and Celtic goddess, a Norse God and a Norse Goddess, or a Welsh God and a Welsh Goddess. Is that true or something that someone made up.
    That sounds like Traditional Wicca. Traditional witchcraft and what the practitioners do is completely up to the individual. Many Trads that I know don't even work with divinity. Those that do go to what ever force beckons their attention for the said working.

And for the person who said that witchcraft is the practice of magic, that's only a small percentage of it. There's a lot more to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2