Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Why does the 1% of Witches not read witch or folk lore?

There is a PDF book file to be found on www.scribd.com that is titled: Curse Tablets and Binding Spells From the Ancient World. I have not read all of it but the parts I glanced over seemed pretty good. Something that might be of interest if nothing else.

Sekhmet Soul30 wrote: I personally believe that people should base what they said on what they've personally experience and not on something that they get off the web. One website can lie about something and someone out there believes it and reprints it and before long it's on hundreds of websites and soon everyone believes it. Personally I think that's just plain wrong
    I don't totaly rule out the web and its influence, yet I don't open arm embrace it either. Especially given that for the most part one can never tell if it's real or made up with regard to what others are saying.

The cut and paste stuff is really bad though. I recall when every site on the web had the cut and paste statement about the "Burning Times". Though I do have to admit sometimes you could tell right off the depth of ones knowledge by the rubber stamp statements they had.

I know that Hitler was believed to be head of that one society that wanted some energy source so that the Nazi's could become stronger. I know the name but I can't spell it. I know that Gerbles was heavily involved in the occult but where are the works that they amassed, no one knows.
    Historically Hitler was the head of many things but never actually worked in it. It's a poor comparrison but think of Nancy Reagon bringing in astrologers into the White House to check on Ronalds star's and such. Here's the President of the United States as head but not really the force behind it.

But I do agree that there was supposedly a lot of things found that we have no idea of where it is today. Though if gut instinct is anything I'd say the allied governments procured a lot of it and now it lies in vaults. I vaguely recall the Russians had a remote viewing thing going on that was loosely based on some German information during the Cold War.

I need to remind my self to buy that book
    That story is on-line in many formats and free.

I know that archeologist found curse tablets I believe to Hecate, though I might be wrong. I know some author wrote about Hecate and the bad part is that I have her book but I can't remember her name.
    Hekate is the most well known example but not the only one. I've read of accounts of Artemis of Ephesos and curse tablets. It seem's from what I recall that a number of gods / goddesss were actually associated with cursing tablets.

Well he did mention that it was a lost art, weather witching, though not forgotten.
    I can believe that. Especially given the "I want it now!" type mentatility that prevails in so much public paganism. Based upon my own experience I know it used to take years to perfect ones craft. Perfection based upon long term dedication and commitment and lots of training.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhmet Soul30 View Post
    Okay I want to know something. Why is it that the 1% of witches, or Wiccans (I know that some Wiccans call themselves witches), don't read witch lore of folk lore. People many years ago collected this information so that people could read about it and it wouldn't get lost. So why don't they want to read it? I know that the books are dry but wouldn't it help them understand more about the roots of what they do.

Let me know as I did a blog on Witch School International that talked about Witch Balls and how they were popular in the 18th century and how even one web site, e-How, sighted that the practice was 600 years old. I'm going with the 18th century one because it was on a website that was run by glass blowers that make the witch balls so I think that they would know about it more than anyone as it's part of their history.

Let me know what you think and please answer my question.
    I'm just going to assume that the 1%, (where ever you got that figure from) could be poser wannabe's that just want to freak people out by calling themselves witches.
    However your finds don't paint an entire picture.

I don't consider myself a witch. but I have read a bit from a few books and just applied my own thoughts into what I believe. I don't have the time for concentration on doing anything hands on but i don't think thats a bad thing either. How many people have to let in negative energy and/or shadows unintentionally.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5