Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When the deck isn't talking

When the deck isn't talking

Hi!

My cosmic-deck which I have own for about 3-4 years now has stopped letting me asking questions, like I ask if I can get my questions answered and I always get a probably no, the answers arenīt making sense and it is only questions like Will I get one of those jobīs I applied for and will I get a new job soon ect, simple questions. I could always count on this deck before, it was always correct and helped me and others, I was accurate doing readings for others with it so I hope I donīt have to let go of it, any advice? I got another deck that I only tried 3 times for yes/no but I love my cosmic more.

I'm pretty new to the tarot, but I've heard that if it has negitive energy, then you have to clean it. You can leave it on the windowsil under the full moon to clean it, but there are other ways to clean them.

http://www.suite101.com/content/clea...t-cards-a16881

Its my baby dragons! :D
    Well, none at the moment. :'(

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but since you're always posting new "why won't my cards work" threads and questions, I'll say it again- take a break. You cannot, or at least should not, rely so heavily on tarot and divination to answer all of life's questions for you. Cards get worn out, people get worn out, and it seems that those that rely on it the most to get the through the day/week tend to be really unhappy. Put the cards away and go enjoy the mystery that is known as life and stop trying so hard to see everything before it happens. Not only that, but readings themselves can effect outcomes, and if you're constantly reading and worrying, you're constantly changing the "flow" of your life, which is frequently (in my experience, at least) why people who are constantly "needing" readings are so confused and unhappy. Just take a break, it won't hurt you to do so.

rosekitten, I have had a break for along time now, havenīt asked anything for weeks and I only asked this once every second week, I took a break as you said for a long time and I thought after this break that the cards would work again. I started a new job so I am not home until 11 at night and this time was the first time in 2 months that I asked this because I donīt like the job I have right now. But I guess I will give it another month(a break) and then see if it works better.
    I started to keep a journal and not do more than once a month, but maybe I should give it more time, who knows? I just read about someone who had to give her cards away because they werenīt connected with her anymore and I was only wondering if that was the case with me and my cards since I have neglected them for some time now

Posts on March 23rd, 25th, 29th, 31st, and 5th would indicate something different than what you are claiming. You need to take a serious break. Not a week, not a couple weeks, but a seriously long break. Meditate and figure yourself out. You need to break from your dependency on readings, or things will never make sense. A couple weeks does not equal a "long time" away. Get out and live! I do daily readings, but not as questions, I just pull a card, and then at the end of the night see if it reflected at all on my day. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. I rarely actually ask questions, and even then, I only ask once. When I get readings from others, it's always general, and then I can reflect on the reading as it plays out.
    Last edited by RoseKitten; April 5th, 2011 at 10:13 AM.

a month or 2 months or more than that? I donīt meditate, I tried but I didnīt get any of it.

My biggest concern is how to get to LA, and how my choice to not study there but first here in sweden study to become a stylist will affect everything before I move to LA. It would put alot of things on hold since I had planned to study there next year. But the education is to expenseive so i am gonna go with the much cheaper stylist-education and then move over to LA.

I did take a month-long break between feb-mar by the way
    Last edited by Jackie79; April 5th, 2011 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseKitten View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but since you're always posting new "why won't my cards work" threads and questions, I'll say it again- take a break. You cannot, or at least should not, rely so heavily on tarot and divination to answer all of life's questions for you. Cards get worn out, people get worn out, and it seems that those that rely on it the most to get the through the day/week tend to be really unhappy. Put the cards away and go enjoy the mystery that is known as life and stop trying so hard to see everything before it happens. Not only that, but readings themselves can effect outcomes, and if you're constantly reading and worrying, you're constantly changing the "flow" of your life, which is frequently (in my experience, at least) why people who are constantly "needing" readings are so confused and unhappy. Just take a break, it won't hurt you to do so.
    Ditto. I know I've said this before, hon, but you really need to stop. STOP reading & asking the same questions. You don't get answers b/c you don't accept the answers you've been given. Just because they don't make sense now doesn't mean the cards are wrong or there is something wrong with how you are reading them. It just means that things may become clear to you later.

I'm really not trying to be mean, sweetie. I'm speaking from personal experience & being in the same spot as you. The cards are going to continue to throw up gobbledy-gook as long as you refuse to accept the information you've been given. My pendulum quit working for me, too, b/c I did the same thing with it. After a while, the tools throw up their hands & say "I give up."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie79 View Post
    a month or 2 months or more than that? I donīt meditate, I tried but I didnīt get any of it.

Honey, a month or two is not enough. You need to stop looking for a quick fix or a quick answer. You need to look inside yourself - to really do some serious soul-searching. Not look outside of yourself for answers. WORK on meditating. Work on grounding & centering. You have to do the spiritual work for any divination method to really work well for you anyway. Life is all about doing the inner work, not just working on making the external fit for you. Sometimes you don't get answers b/c Spirit or the Universe or whatever force you believe in knows that you have other lessons to learn & you can't learn them just by having a plan handed to you & being told what to do by cards, spirit boards, pendulums, i ching, runes, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie79 View Post

My biggest concern is how to get to LA, and how my choice to not study there but first here in sweden study to become a stylist will affect everything before I move to LA. It would put alot of things on hold since I had planned to study there next year. But the education is to expenseive so i am gonna go with the much cheaper stylist-education and then move over to LA.

You don't need cards, you need logic. Write a list of pros and cons of all your options.

Okay, can't go to school because it's expensive... so your alternative is to *move to another country and live in one of the most expensive cities they have*?? Unless by LA and needing a green card you're meaning someplace else. Regardless, moving isn't cheap, or easy, for that matter. You need to take a serious look at your options, and write them all down. From there, you need to pick a mix between logic and want (no sense picking the most logical if you'll be miserable for the rest of your life, and no sense picking the most fun if you'll be homeless and broke).

If you aren't getting the answers you want, it's exactly that. You aren't getting the answers you want. The more you shuffle and deal, the more garbled the messages will be. Ask the same question again and again, and you'll start getting different answers. As RoseKitten said, it's time to step away from the cards. And we can't give you a set time for how long to step away. You need to leave the cards alone until you're able to live your life and make your decisions without wondering what the cards say. That could be a month, or that could be your entire life.
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast