Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When the deck isn't talking

From what I've seen, you've been asking the same questions since January. And they're not "I need clarification on this issue" questions, but asking the cards to make the decisions for you. I'm going to reiterate that you need to step away from tarot. You need to make your own decisions, and not let pretty pieces of cardboard make them for you. Until you realize that, you WON'T be happy. Your life belongs to you, not to your tarot cards nor someone else's.
    Available for readings. PM with question!

Most people adopt cats or dogs. I adopt dragons...

And really not to sound as if youre being attacked but I agree with everyone here and I told you so when I read for you a couple months back. Youre stressing yourself AND your cards out. Go live a little and give you and your cards a break. Good luck with your decisions and your future career! I really hope you make it to school.

As I read this I am reminded of a story.

In this story the person pulls their first reading about what is coming towards them. They decided that the cards were telling them to turn right. Their course set they move on.

Then they decided to check again with the same question and once again the cards told them to turn to the right. Not even considering that they had just asked the same question but a few days before. Confident of thier readings they moved on.

Then again they repeated the same questions to see if they were still moving towards their goal. Like before the cards again indicated a right turn ahead.

After many turns of reading the cards it finally dawned upon them that they were back at thier point of origin. Like a hiker lost in the woods coming back again and again to the point of origin.

These threads remind me of that story. Like a person on a journey so sure of their end destination that they failed to see adn recognize the road signs along the way. Simply taking every offramp they came to because they didn't trully know how to read the directions nor follow the course laid out before them.

Your cards are not going to be able to make decisions for you. If you want to do something, do it. Cards are only meant to help guide you, not answer every one of life's questions.

Not to mention, asking the same question over and over again isn't going to make them say something.

Well, actually I have gotten the answers I wanted, surprinsingly but I asked so that I made sure I was on the right track

And to the one who wrote to me about LA: I can save up the money but I donīt want to, I want to work as a stylist/makeup artist in LA and I will one day, I will have enough money to move and study to become a stylist in LA, but not go to Joe Blasco because that would mean saving up over 100.000 swedish crones,and that is just for school, not living, food, rent ect. So studying to become a stylist and then move to LA when I got enough money is the plan I have right now. AND I am being realistic.
    And Mab, can I talk to you via PM? I know your not mean and youīve been where I am, that is why I respect you to 100% and to the others: Thanks for the advice, I will listen and I have put the cards away where I just canīt go and get them.
    I have the answers I needed, now I just gotta start working with it, I havenīt been able to before but now, here we go so wish me good luck please, dreams can come true right? If you work hard enough? I mean, "poor" people live in LA too, not just the rich

2 weeks now!

is offline The best things in life are always free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie79 View Post
    Hi!

My cosmic-deck which I have own for about 3-4 years now has stopped letting me asking questions, like I ask if I can get my questions answered and I always get a probably no, the answers arenīt making sense and it is only questions like Will I get one of those jobīs I applied for and will I get a new job soon ect, simple questions. I could always count on this deck before, it was always correct and helped me and others, I was accurate doing readings for others with it so I hope I donīt have to let go of it, any advice? I got another deck that I only tried 3 times for yes/no but I love my cosmic more.
    I don't use my cards often, and when I do, sometimes they don't answer my questions either.
    But they do it for a reason.
    They're kind of like people.
    If you rely on them too much, they'll get stressed out, and they may tell you the wrong thing.
    Or if the answer doesn't make sense, they're saying, "Stop.Think."
    They don't always make sense in the beginning.
    And when they don't make sense in the beginning, they're telling you to wait until the answer they gave you does make sense.
    Until the question is answered, don't ask any other questions.
    I ask a question for myself once every couple of months at the least.
    The most frequent things my cards are used for is to help my friends and family.
    Sometimes, they like to get a break from the same person. Sometimes they like change.
    Always think of your cards as if they are a person.
    If someone kept asking me the same question all of the time, I'd get annoyed. But if different people were asking me different things, I'd be okay with it.
    Just some things to think about. :3

But...I likes the butterfly...

Be careful about what you ask your cards, and don't ask for too much about the future. If you're what I call "tarotdicted," and are having a hard time stopping, read about your present and-- far more often-- your past. Don't read about the future, it's too malleable. (sparingly if at all) That includes asking about how long something will take.

I read my cards dozens of times a day (though, I admit, it's mostly for others... I need to start charging, I'm getting taken advantage of) and they've never displayed inaccuracies. I've asked the same question 38472394 times and I always get the same answer. After a while, however, they back-sassed me and said "eventually." It was like being told to shut up. I stopped asking that question then! Hahaha.

Don't get frustrated with them. They're tools but-- in my opinion-- so much of your energy has been put into them that it's almost like they're alive. I'd apologize to them and give them a nice, long break. If your cards aren't answering your questions properly, it's you, not them. If you stress, they absorb that energy. Clean them and love them.

**edit: Just editing to make sure you know I'm not trying to be offensive. I just think you should study more about energy while giving your cards time to recuperate.
    Last edited by MissyMundane; September 26th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.
    Mundane Blog: a psych ward survivor's perspective on everything from new age to Pokémon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2