Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: is this witchcraft?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    48

    is this witchcraft?

    If u just honor and respect the divine in nature (pantheism).
    If u do spells but don't worship a god or a godess or cast circles or use any tools.
    If u see the divine in rocks trees water etc etc.
    If u think when u die ur soul goes somewhere on the spirit plane or stays in nature possibly interacting or not with it.
    If u think people should be respected and treated how u want to be treated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,224
    Personally, the only part of that I see as being directly related to witchcraft is doing spells. Divine, belief in souls, afterlife, and even how nature is viewed are mostly irrelevant to witchcraft unless the witch decides to incorporate them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    I have no idea ^^
    Where is the craft?
    This will be a good signature one day

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladeflower View Post
    I have no idea ^^
    Where is the craft?
    I guess the part about spells? Lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc1981 View Post
    If u just honor and respect the divine in nature (pantheism).
    If u do spells but don't worship a god or a godess or cast circles or use any tools.
    If u see the divine in rocks trees water etc etc.
    If u think when u die ur soul goes somewhere on the spirit plane or stays in nature possibly interacting or not with it.
    If u think people should be respected and treated how u want to be treated.
    Are you asking if you can be a witch and believe these things? Or are you asking if any of these things have to do with witchcraft and magic?

    If the former, yes, you can.

    If the latter...none of these really seem to have to do with witchcraft. Witchcraft and magic is about...witchcraft and magic! You can be an atheist witch or a pantheistic witch or a satanic witch or...any kind of witch! Beliefs can be part of it, but they don't have to be.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Are you asking if you can be a witch and believe these things? Or are you asking if any of these things have to do with witchcraft and magic?

    If the former, yes, you can.

    If the latter...none of these really seem to have to do with witchcraft. Witchcraft and magic is about...witchcraft and magic! You can be an atheist witch or a pantheistic witch or a satanic witch or...any kind of witch! Beliefs can be part of it, but they don't have to be.
    ty.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc1981 View Post
    I guess the part about spells? Lol
    Trick questions can you do any sort of craft with no tools?
    This will be a good signature one day

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladeflower View Post
    Trick questions can you do any sort of craft with no tools?
    Ooh ooh can I answer?
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladeflower View Post
    Trick questions can you do any sort of craft with no tools?
    What is a mind, but just another tool?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    149
    First off, I would say what you describe about nature is animism, seeing a spirit in inanimate objects in nature.....not pantheism - the belief in multiple gods. Your beliefs sound much more shamanistic to me.....but take heart, because (and yes while this is the "Witchcraft" forum) these beliefs are the true root of all ancient practices and very powerful tools for any person.(Witch, Shaman, Huna, Sangoma, medicine bundle carrier,etc.) e.g. Without the proper reverence and connection to the winds (good and bad), you can not hope to send your workings, spells, bilongos, whatever you call them, with the speed of the wind to the intended target....see?
    Just my humble two cents

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •