Thread: Not sure where to start...

Sometimes I think I live in the dance studio.

Not sure where to start...

I would love to learn some form of energy healing, but I'm not really sure how to start.

I can't afford to learn Reiki, as far as I can tell, because the attunements and training are well beyond my means (and my parents are atheists, so they wouldn't pay for it.). If anyone knows how to circumvent this issue, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Also, I've heard about Therapeutic Touch, Quantum Touch, quantum healing, colour therapy, and a few other things... can anyone explain them to me?

Last, what form of energy healing would be best for a stone-cold beginner? I can't pay for classes or more then a few books, so that's rather limiting.

Thank you!

The new age section at a library should be able to help you. I have a small library by my house, but it has a fairly large number of books on healing, so definitely check that out.

Other than that, I would say to just search around. Reiki training is pricey, but you can learn parts of it on your own and go to workshops if they have them in your area. That might be less expensive than paying for an entire training of something.

I looked into Quantum Touch, and they have a set price- $350 for the first level. At least Reiki practitioners can set their own prices.

I really like Reiki- it's something that you literally can physically feel, and you know you are trained by someone certified. I was very skeptical, but the attunement is definitely something!

I looked into QT (Quantum Touch) via their website, and they've sent me emails about how I should be trained in QT because you can ACTUALLY SEE THE BONES MOVE AND BE HEALED. With crystals, there are all kinds of classes around, but I'd only spend money on one if I was sure it was taught by a reputable teacher. Reiki is worth the money- see if you can find someone to do sliding scale for you?
    Ivy Artemisia
    Twilight Spiral Coven [Site | Facebook]
    Hearth and Hedgerow [Site | Etsy Shop]

Sometimes I think I live in the dance studio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy Artemisia View Post
    I looked into Quantum Touch, and they have a set price- $350 for the first level. At least Reiki practitioners can set their own prices.

I really like Reiki- it's something that you literally can physically feel, and you know you are trained by someone certified. I was very skeptical, but the attunement is definitely something!

I looked into QT (Quantum Touch) via their website, and they've sent me emails about how I should be trained in QT because you can ACTUALLY SEE THE BONES MOVE AND BE HEALED. With crystals, there are all kinds of classes around, but I'd only spend money on one if I was sure it was taught by a reputable teacher. Reiki is worth the money- see if you can find someone to do sliding scale for you?
    Thank you for the advice!

I didn't pay too much for my Reiki attunements, it was just over $100 from what I remember for two full days with two Masters all to myself. I know there are people who offer free distance attunements around somewhere, but I personally wouldn't recommend going that route as you really should meet your teacher beforehand. But it's up to you My blessing (attunement) in Ananda Siddhi was free though through my reiki teacher.

You can always talk to Reiki practioners in your area. Not everyone charges for attunements or teaching. My Master didn't charge me anything but a donation. She was a really nice person who though healing should be for everyone and that no price should be put on Reiki. Yes, she was a strange one. But in the two years that she was in my area and I knew her she only attuned 3 Masters. She really got to know people before she offered to teach them.
    A Pagan Egoup ~~> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheInnerSanctuary/ ~~ Feel Free to join

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy Artemisia View Post
    I looked into Quantum Touch, and they have a set price- $350 for the first level.

I looked into QT (Quantum Touch) via their website, and they've sent me emails about how I should be trained in QT because you can ACTUALLY SEE THE BONES MOVE AND BE HEALED.
    *Skeptic Face.*

This is such a personal journey........ Read lots of books from the library on Energy Healing.... Ted Andrews has a great book on Healing Hands........There are also many great books on Reiki in how to start and get a real undertsanding about Reiki.... I also suggest You try to find something that Keeps it simple....

Work with the Angels and Archangels with healing.... can be incredibly beautiful energy. meditate and see what speaks to you... Working with a pendulum and charts can also assist in healing.. Explore the options...There are so many......

Most importantly have a real understanding of the effects energy has on the body with different ailments and different modalities. Do Not rush into offering this for others until you have a true understanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Namaste.....

Vesta.....
    (want to know more about me-
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?p=3822998&postcount=59)

Check out Tarot Collection
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=209

Oracle Collection.....
    Updated now.....in non-tarot collection thread...
    http://mysticwicks.com/showpost.php?...6&postcount=54

"Will Read in PM....

Contact me if you feel you don't know what direction to travel.... you feel you need change in your life........"

"I will reply asap........"

http://vestascircle.vpweb.com