Thread: Has Anyone read Israel Regardie's "The Golden Dawn"?

Has Anyone read Israel Regardie's "The Golden Dawn"?

Has anyone read and completed all exercises? I have this book (the most recent edition i think) and if you're familiar with that one you realize how daunting it comes off at first. Does anybody have any experiance with this book? If so i would love to hear about it for sure! thanks!
    ~*Sa Sekhem Sahu*~

I own it and am STILL on the first chapter. The material is very dense, as you said, and it's very poorly organized IMO. I actually use it in conjunction with Tabitha and Chic Cicero's "Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition."

Considering I'm still a probationer, and haven't even begun the neophyte rituals yet, it will be many years before I make my way through.

Quote Originally Posted by willows~whysper View Post
    Has anyone read and completed all exercises? I have this book (the most recent edition i think) and if you're familiar with that one you realize how daunting it comes off at first. Does anybody have any experiance with this book? If so i would love to hear about it for sure! thanks!
    Israel Regardi's writing is not for the faint of heart, for sure. I haven't read his The Golden Dawn book, but if it is just as bad as A Garden of Pommegranates, you have my sympathy.

Kaylara says she also started reading it... and put it away.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

I've had it for years and still go back to it! It's greatly increased my love for esoteric philosophy and trying to figure out the intricacies of all of the metaphysical things around us. I've tried to perform all of the exercises but for some reason I always get sidetracked and forget to do one or something.

I have this book and haven't read all of it page by page. Some books just can't be read like that but I refer to them.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

I am looking t it on my book shelf right now, next to Three Books of Occult Philosophy... Honestly I think it is in the classification of books you don't "read" per se, more of a reference for all of those deep philosophical conversations and a great book to get those pesky spiders with, wipes clean.

I have read the first few chapters, but once the guy started talking about working with the structure of salt, imagining a cube and fiddling with the properties of said cube I cheated and googled it.

A far more useful book that contains many, if not most, of the basic practices, Modern Magick by Kraig (sorry, lazy, so I am just reading the visible portion from here.) It is a synthesis of The Golden Dawn and is only about five hundred pages. It is also a far easier read. You rarely need to decode anything!

Yep, that is one tome of a book.

I especially like Regardie's Garden of Pomegranates.

The Magic and Kaballah in The Golden Dawn is something truly transformitive. It's some really heavy stuff.