View Poll Results: Are you a psychic sender or receiver?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a receiver. I'm intuitive, empathic, or I receive messages or energy easily in other ways.

10 33.33%
  • I am a sender. Others can definitely feel me when I come into the room.

3 10.00%
  • I'm a bit of both.

11 36.67%
  • I'm neither.

2 6.67%
  • I don't have a clue what I am or I haven't thought about it much.

4 13.33%
  • I don't believe in psychic abilities, so I don't think I'm either.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sender, Receiver, or Both?

Sender, Receiver, or Both?

My psychic abilities revolve around the receiving end of things. I'm highly intuitive and empathic. I can feel other people if I'm not properly shielding myself, to the point that touching a high person will transfer the feeling of being stoned right to me.

I've had limited success at sending, however, even to others who are receivers themselves.

My ex, on the other hand, is a pretty powerful sender. He touches you, and your skin just vibrates and buzzes. And it wasn't just me that felt that way; many others feel that from him as well. He, however, is not such a good receiver. It leaves him constantly seeking people out trying to get something from them; much like an energy vampire, except that he hasn't trained himself enough to tone down his sending.

What are you? Do you receive energy and/or messages more easily than you send them? Or are you a sender? Perhaps you've got a balance of both?
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

an interesting question. Though, as a thought, its probably way easier to notice if you are a receiver than a sender. I've never really heard of 'sending' discussed as a psychic ability, usually i hear it discussed as the norm of what everyone does. I think that's why we have an empathetic bunker rather than a sender bunker it's interesting to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeris View Post
    an interesting question. Though, as a thought, its probably way easier to notice if you are a receiver than a sender. I've never really heard of 'sending' discussed as a psychic ability, usually i hear it discussed as the norm of what everyone does. I think that's why we have an empathetic bunker rather than a sender bunker it's interesting to think about.
    Those that I know who send more than receive don't really need a bunker. They radiate energy, and might make other people uncomfortable, but are pretty well oblivious to others feelings and thoughts. I was married to a sender for just shy of 7 years. It was problematic, to say the least. Opposites might attract; doesn't mean they make good mates!
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Always a receiver, Everyone seems to hit me realy hard with their energies and emotions.
    You must remember that a woman, by nature, needs much less to feed upon than a man, a few emotions and she is satisfied.
    Alice James

The artist need not know very much; best of all let him work instinctively and paint as naturally as he breathes or walks.
    Emil Nolde

Sometimes I think I live in the dance studio.
    Receiver. Which is not very fun when you're surrounded by senders! XD

Receiver... I have to have VERY strong shields up at all times else I get overwhelmed with the emotions, messages, etc I get on a daily basis.

Sometimes it can be a gift, but others, it's a curse... Especially when there is a lot of negative stuff flying around the local area... Ho-boy... :collapse:
    "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrohawk View Post
    Always a receiver, Everyone seems to hit me realy hard with their energies and emotions.
    Same here.

While my abilities weigh very heavily on the receiving end, I said both, because I do send out a little bit. At least, my kids and husband say that I do. They might just be able to pick up on it because we are with each other almost 24 hours a day.
    Our Blog! The Intuitive Unschooler

Freaky Mama to Arlo, Donovan, and Iris! (Homeschooled since birth!)

as well as three cats, six cockatiels, and one parakeet.

Quote Originally Posted by ClareJulissa View Post
    Receiver. Which is not very fun when you're surrounded by senders! XD
    I agree so much.
    You must remember that a woman, by nature, needs much less to feed upon than a man, a few emotions and she is satisfied.
    Alice James

The artist need not know very much; best of all let him work instinctively and paint as naturally as he breathes or walks.
    Emil Nolde

Smile

I'm a very strong reciever. I get waaaaaay too overwhelmed if my defenses arent up. But on the other side of the token, I'm a bit of a sender. People always come to me and tell everytime they're around me, they get a sense of calmness and level headedness.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast