View Poll Results: Are you a psychic sender or receiver?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a receiver. I'm intuitive, empathic, or I receive messages or energy easily in other ways.

10 33.33%
  • I am a sender. Others can definitely feel me when I come into the room.

3 10.00%
  • I'm a bit of both.

11 36.67%
  • I'm neither.

2 6.67%
  • I don't have a clue what I am or I haven't thought about it much.

4 13.33%
  • I don't believe in psychic abilities, so I don't think I'm either.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sender, Receiver, or Both?

is offline <-- My own damn artwork for a change
    Doesn't this have more to do with decency than energy?! lol
    Decency on a such reflex activated level would probably require electroshock aversion therapy
    Last edited by Garm; May 29th, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
    "One between two worlds chants, "fire walk with me""

Quote Originally Posted by aranarose View Post
    Since then, I've gotten a LOT more control of my receiving abilities, and also have learned not to share with people how they are feeling before they even realize themselves that's how they feel.
    It would certainly perturb me no end

Most of my concious personality, my self defined sense of selse, developed as a result of trying to keep the "monsters from the id" firmly behind the closet door

Some of the empaths I have come across seem to be sensing much more strongly than I'm actually feeling

I start feeling aprehensive and guilty about being around them, which only seems to bother them even more
    Last edited by Garm; May 29th, 2011 at 03:42 PM.

Although the majority of my ability lies in reception, when I enter a room, I can tell by the attention I get from others that I must be sending something out, and even people who are not empathic can feel it. My husband is a receiver all the way, and is overwhelmed worse than I am.

Both. And honestly everyone SHOULD be. If someone is one-sided then I would hazard to guess that a) they aren't very observent and/or b) that they are some seriously blocked chakras or the like which they need to deal with. The give and take of energy is part of life and it's a healthy thing. What most people are "noticing" is the unhealthy aspects, sudden (negative?) spikes in energy, while completely missing the flows the web that they are part of.
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

Quote Originally Posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
    Both. And honestly everyone SHOULD be. If someone is one-sided then I would hazard to guess that a) they aren't very observent and/or b) that they are some seriously blocked chakras or the like which they need to deal with. The give and take of energy is part of life and it's a healthy thing. What most people are "noticing" is the unhealthy aspects, sudden (negative?) spikes in energy, while completely missing the flows the web that they are part of.
    When you're finished swilling that granola you might want to consider the advantage that having a thick psychic hide and an ability to project your energy will give you in a battle axe duel

Blocked chakras or not, I feel I am the way I was meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by Garm View Post
    When you're finished swilling that granola you might want to consider the advantage that having a thick psychic hide and an ability to project your energy will give you in a battle axe duel

Blocked chakras or not, I feel I am the way I was meant to be
    You honestly resort to insults because someone has a opinion that differs from yours? That's extremely disappointing.

I DO have a "thick psychic hide" thank you very much, but I still don't cut myself off from anything or anyone unless I have to for a specific occasion. I stand by what I said. I see it as extremely unhealthy to only be one and not the other, based on my experiences and having to clean up assorted psychic and psychological messes. Thankfully most people aren't. They just haven't noticed the other side of things.
    The Sexy Heathen Babe

Quote Originally Posted by Vigdisdotter View Post
    .. but I still don't cut myself off from anything or anyone unless I have to for a specific occasion. I stand by what I said. I see it as extremely unhealthy to only be one and not the other, based on my experiences and having to clean up assorted psychic and psychological messes. Thankfully most people aren't. They just haven't noticed the other side of things.
    I have to agree 100 percent with this one.

Garm,

You might direct or project all your energy in an attack but that would also be your undoing. It makes you so much easier to manipulate and control when your only projecting and not reading and analyzing what is going on before you. From a strategy position I can turn your own projection against you and bleed you dry that much quicker.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3