View Poll Results: Are you a psychic sender or receiver?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a receiver. I'm intuitive, empathic, or I receive messages or energy easily in other ways.

10 33.33%
  • I am a sender. Others can definitely feel me when I come into the room.

3 10.00%
  • I'm a bit of both.

11 36.67%
  • I'm neither.

2 6.67%
  • I don't have a clue what I am or I haven't thought about it much.

4 13.33%
  • I don't believe in psychic abilities, so I don't think I'm either.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sender, Receiver, or Both?

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by aranarose View Post
    They radiate energy, and might make other people uncomfortable, but are pretty well oblivious to others feelings and thoughts.

Sender here - and yep, that pretty much sums me up. I have always been very observant though and can read people that way, but not because I am a receiver.
    So tie me to a post and block my ears
    I can see widows and orphans through my tears
    I know my call despite my faults
    And despite my growing fears

But I will hold on hope
    And I won't let you choke
    On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
    And I will change my ways
    I'll know my name as it's called again
    ~ Mumford and Sons (The Cave)

"I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots." ~ Susan Straight
    enter the sanctum

Neither

I'm definitely a sender, untrained and erratic. When I'm properly focused, I can channel it through therapeutic or erotic touch. Hindsight has shown that I've been in past relationships with psy-vamps, drawn to my constant outward release. Sadly, years ago when a friend offered to mentor me in directing energy for growth and healing, I didn't feel ready. They understood, then passed away weeks later. I feel as though I cheated myself by chickening out - and maybe even let them down, missing my chance to learn from such an evolved soul. Now I'll never know.

Conversely, beyond just knowing things sometimes I consciously receive next to nothing. I'm not a visionary, feeler, or telepath. Just can't seem to see, hear or feel things. Apart from occasionally knowing something unexplainable. I usually chalk that up to deductive observation.

- Tip-toeing the raggedy edge of something magnificently dark but truly amazing...

I would say I carry a bit of both traits. I have bipolar disorder; there seem to be a lot of "both"s in my life! :D I would even venture a guess in saying that my disorder has given me an advantage in Receiving and Sending, but because of it, I must not only Receive from others, but from myself.

I call Receiving "Listening", because not everyone Sends. I love to Listen. I Listen to people, plants, animals, and myself. I have to Listen to myself closely to monitor my mental health (hah! and here I go on about psychic ability). Listening to other living beings allows me to understand the world that I live in, and in whole the Great Universe.

I Send just as powerfully. I call that "Living (or Thinking) Loudly", because that's what it feels like. Living Loudly to me is just that--expressing oneself fully and utterly, in act and word and body language and facial expression and energy. I learned to Think Loudly after Listening for a long time--I Think Loudly to people I know will Receive, or Listen to me. Not everyone does, so I Listen to see who would. Then, when I Think Loudly, I try to direct it gently. No reason to shout.

Simply being aware has helped my learning so much.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

is offline <-- My own damn artwork for a change
    Posting this in the psychics and sensitives section will definitely skewer the results toward recievers

Us senders don't have as much incentive to be here

In my childhood I was forced to pick up the habbit of pausing for assesment before acting. On account of my bad temper you see. The combination of that and being a sender has made my life hell at times. Someone will often get and act upon my thoughts before I, in my dwaddling way do so. I am considering going to that park bench, some one will take it from me. I'm about to reach for a can of beans at the supermarket some one cuts in and grabs it. When I decide it's time for a shower well, let's just say my hygene is more challenged than most peoples
    "One between two worlds chants, "fire walk with me""

is offline <-- My own damn artwork for a change
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeris View Post
    Though, as a thought, its probably way easier to notice if you are a receiver than a sender..
    Might depend on gender

Any male sender will start to wonder why women will so often turn and glare when their eyes drift down over their contours
    "One between two worlds chants, "fire walk with me""

I voted receiver.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

Quote Originally Posted by Garm View Post
    Posting this in the psychics and sensitives section will definitely skewer the results toward recievers

Us senders don't have as much incentive to be here

In my childhood I was forced to pick up the habbit of pausing for assesment before acting. On account of my bad temper you see. The combination of that and being a sender has made my life hell at times. Someone will often get and act upon my thoughts before I, in my dwaddling way do so. I am considering going to that park bench, some one will take it from me. I'm about to reach for a can of beans at the supermarket some one cuts in and grabs it. When I decide it's time for a shower well, let's just say my hygene is more challenged than most peoples
    My ex-husband was a strong sender like that. And being the strong receiver that I am, I always knew long before he did what he was feeling. Over the years of our marriage, that became an issue between us. I'd know, to the very core of my being, how he felt or what he was doing, and it freaked him out. It didn't help that he tried to hide a LOT of things; not really something easy to do when you're an obvious sender living with an empath! I literally felt when he got his girlfriend pregnant, and knew right then and there my marriage was over. It wasn't just a gut feeling either; I physically felt the whole sex act, start to finish, and broke down in tears because I just knew. He came home that day, and couldn't figure out why I was so upset. When I confronted him, because he was supposed to break things off with his girlfriend, he denied it, of course, but I knew. A couple months later, sure enough, there's a note taped to the front door; she was pregnant. He moved out not long after.

Since then, I've gotten a LOT more control of my receiving abilities, and also have learned not to share with people how they are feeling before they even realize themselves that's how they feel. Freaks a person out to be told, "Oh, hey, you really love me a whole lot!" so I don't do that anymore LMAO
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

I voted a bit of both. The sending doesn't really come out until I guess I try? I've always been told I'm really comforting and everyone comes to me with their problems because I "make them feel safe". A lot of the time when I'm helping someone, I'm concentrating on making them feel better. For the receiving, I generally get hit hard at all times. I haven't quite mastered my shields(having only recently discovered it was possible).
    "Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool."-Erehwon

Quote Originally Posted by Garm View Post
    Might depend on gender

Any male sender will start to wonder why women will so often turn and glare when their eyes drift down over their contours
    Doesn't this have more to do with decency than energy?! lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast