Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help YOUR Mysticwicks Community

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    Well, Xen did want to cancel some of our philanthropic pursuits. Maybe we can juggle some things.
    Official Site Vixen,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    My Live Journal - 100% Grade A Evil!
    Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking. That's right Bitches, I got twacked into being the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything! Join us. You know you want to just throw yourself upon the altar of the almighty Jodarius.
    "Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

is offline SEXY conservative asshole with a heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylara View Post
    Well, Xen did want to cancel some of our philanthropic pursuits. Maybe we can juggle some things.
    let the poor kids starve and keep MW going
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
    I can vouch for a few facts. Mol can smack me upside the head if i get anything wrong.

Keeping a site like this going is a constant cost. Plus when you have your own servers, its not just constant upgrade for software cost its maintenance on equipment, cost of sending it all over the global net and even electricity!!!
    Plus, time...it cost time, believe me. All thats involved in keeping this place on the network, is a time eater!!! Put it all together and Mol and Gebs are definitely either nuts or some really awesome people!

So it doesn't work in such away were it cost this much the end. There is always cost ever minute of the day.

And to sum it all up, this is why I decided to not do what Mol and Gebs are doing! I wanted a real forum but dam just a cheap one thats only 150 year for host service and a few frills...to much work! I watched my son also start up a web service with his own servers and everything, and man the freaken cost, time and headaches....it takes real dedication.
    Just interested in the numbers involved. Perfectly worthy cause that I would throw money at if I had it to spare at the moment.
    Brought to you by the
    National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
    Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
    Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
    You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
    It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
    I am aware of how nasty I come across.
    If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
    I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

is offline Now the Official Queen of ALL Blankets!
    Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    I can't do that to little Fredrick! But those kidney patients may need to fend for themselves for a while... Much less of an issue in a country where they're guaranteed medical care and every one is insured. :P
    Official Site Vixen,
    Cerebral Goddess and Jelly Donut!
    My Live Journal - 100% Grade A Evil!
    Disciple #42 of Jodarius, the Random God of Thwaking. That's right Bitches, I got twacked into being the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything! Join us. You know you want to just throw yourself upon the altar of the almighty Jodarius.
    "Even people who think they are dragons think you are crazy. How does that make you feel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Mater View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is the actual cost of all that going to be?
    Not sure being as I'm not mol but its not cheap. vBulletin is nice but it is expensive. The upgrade license is $175, a new license is $195. That doesn't even include the server bill.

Had I found this site a month ago I could have bought you the license, but I'm broke as heck now.

I just found a new job, so depending on my first check I will try to toss some your way (I'd have to figure out paypal as well xD). I hope that one way or another there is enough to keep this place going, it is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    I did a quick calculation for my tax returns the other month: we put in about $1200 a year for philantropic purposes. I'm going to cut down on that because we need the money for our children, and we will then have something left to inject into MW.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

"Divinity: the stuff the world is made of." - Me (2009-05-03)

I'd like to help but right now anything extra we had has gone into helping my town after the tornado came through last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentor View Post
    I did a quick calculation for my tax returns the other month: we put in about $1200 a year for philantropic purposes. I'm going to cut down on that because we need the money for our children, and we will then have something left to inject into MW.
    I was being funny, or trying to anyway
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

sent in my normal donation, will try to double that in 2 weeks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast