Thread: Parkour

Parkour

Hey Hey. Anyone into Parkour or Freerunning? I'm checking around my city for groups, and youtube for basic instructions and such lol. Have not tried to much, I used to do martial arts and dance... and I'm really afraid of getting super-hurt lol, but I'm curious to try it out, it looks like so much fun!

Aw man! I've always wanted to try that! :D
    I'll look for some videos/instructions.

Its my baby dragons! :D
    Well, none at the moment. :'(

I love watching video of it, but I'm so afraid I'd bust my skull open. Also it doesn't really work when you live in the country.

Freedom of speech means not only the freedom to say what you want, but letting others have the freedom to say what they want, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

Parkour is so bad a**.

Seeing how I'm a space-case, klutz, and easily distracted, I will never attempt it. I would probably seriously hurt myself if I did.

is offline I was not born under a rhyming planet.
    We are seriously contemplating joining the Parkour group in our city. My husband is adamant about doing it at one point. We want to get our general fitness up a little before we join, though.
    Previously known as Njorun Alma

"A mind of the calibre of mine cannot derive its nutriment from cows." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeris View Post
    Hey Hey. Anyone into Parkour or Freerunning? I'm checking around my city for groups, and youtube for basic instructions and such lol. Have not tried to much, I used to do martial arts and dance... and I'm really afraid of getting super-hurt lol, but I'm curious to try it out, it looks like so much fun!
    I seriously enjoy other people's parcours. I'm too much of a fraidy-cat to try it myself. Like you, I used to do martial arts and dance, and like Aeon Flux I need to get to get my fitness back into shape. Specifically the running and breathing part, which tend to get hindered by asthma.

I haven't heard of a parcours group in town here.
    Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
    Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

I run the @anonywicks accounts on Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram. Pagans present!

Up until recently, when my medical issues went south and I developed a bad case of arthritis...I used to do a "version" of parkour that I (possibly?) invented. Instead of "Freerunning," I called it "Treerunning."

You have to be in an area with a lot of close-together trees that are crooked or at angles. Essentially, the idea is to run from tree to tree and go as far as you can without hitting the ground or stopping. No, I don't mean "climbing." I mean...take a running start, then start running up the trunk of one tree, then launch to the next, then the next. Often, you end up only putting one foot down on each tree. It's pretty exhilarating when you really get going.

Buy my latest book, ACHERON, as an exclusive audiobook from Audible.com now!
    (Or sign up for a 30-day trial of Audible.com, and get it for free!)

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    Up until recently, when my medical issues went south and I developed a bad case of arthritis...I used to do a "version" of parkour that I (possibly?) invented. Instead of "Freerunning," I called it "Treerunning."

You have to be in an area with a lot of close-together trees that are crooked or at angles. Essentially, the idea is to run from tree to tree and go as far as you can without hitting the ground or stopping. No, I don't mean "climbing." I mean...take a running start, then start running up the trunk of one tree, then launch to the next, then the next. Often, you end up only putting one foot down on each tree. It's pretty exhilarating when you really get going.
    nice!