Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some guidance with ghosts

Some guidance with ghosts

I believe that ghosts are residual energy. I get that part. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed so it has to go somewhere.

I've had a few experiences that I believe were residual energy. One in particular happened a few years ago. I was living alone in a house I was renting from my boss. She had just moved out and into another home. During her stay in the house I rented, her mother died. Not in the house, in Ohio. One night I was going about my normal routine and throwing some laundry into the machine. I suddenly smelled a vanilla/flowery mix of perfume, almost like someone had just walked into the room and out again. Just a faint smell and then it was gone. I didn't think anything about it and went about my business.
    Later the same night I smelled cherry pipe tobacco. Again, just a faint smell like someone had just smoked in the room and left. Again, I just went about my business.
    The next day at work my boss and I were talking and I mentioned the smell in the laundry room and the pipe tobacco. Her face went white. Her dad, who had been dead for some years loved cherry pipe tobacco. Her mothers favourite perfume matched what I'd just told her. Her parents had NEVER been to this particular house she lived in.

So. I believe in residual energy. I believe that I encountered two of them that night. My question is, why me? Is this something that I can hone and sharpen as an art? For the record, I think the TV guys who claim they can see/hear/speak to ghosts are in there for the pocketbook. I've met other genuine people who can feel them but its nothing that they'd like to widen and learn from.

This is something that you can widen and hone in on. I'm in the process of doing that myself. It's not easy but, it definately helps As far as why it's happening to you, that's something you may never know. That's something you might not wanted to hear but, I'm not going to lie to you. If there's any advice that I can give, it would be this. The next time they come to you, start to ask them questions. For example, what's your name? Why are you here? What do you want? Etc.....and don't come across as hostile or defensive. They pick up on that and they themselves will become the same way. Be calm and inviting. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, politely ask them to leave you alone or you can go as far as asking them to leave your house.

I hope that helped
    ........"That's why I say that ALL my trust and hopes are going to the animals on the discovery channel and not towards humanity" - Me

It's something I would like to sharpen my skills at. They're coming to ME it seems. About 2 1/2 yrs ago my wife and I were sitting and watching TV when a shadow of a man ran through our kitchen back towards my daughters bedroom. Now I saw this in my peripheral vision....but my dog confirmed what I saw. He started barking and ran after whatever it was. I ran after the dog and around the corner into the hall and...nothing. Whatever I saw had enough physical shape that my dog actually saw it too.

They're coming at you because they know that you can sense them. Once they know that piece of information about you,then they are going to try and communicate with you, sometimes in anyway possible lol. I have several residential spirits that are with me 24/7 and just last night, I had a outsider spirit enter my house and all the others just went extremely uneasy. Now on top of me being a psychic, I'm also an Empath. I can feel not only human emotions, but also the emotions of spirits. So I knew from the others that I shouldn't be associating with the outsider. So I told him to get out of my house and he hasn't returned. Most spirits don't mean us any harm. I believe that most people have the misconception that spirits are evil and are here only because they have unfinished business that needs to be taken care of. That's NOT the case in most spirits. The one that you see in your house is there for a reason and it's not to harm you. Like I said before, start talking to it and see what you can get off of it.
    ........"That's why I say that ALL my trust and hopes are going to the animals on the discovery channel and not towards humanity" - Me

Now what is a residual haunting, if you don't mind my asking?
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Now what is a residual haunting, if you don't mind my asking?
    If I'm not mistaken, a residual haunting doesn't necessarily have any intention behind it; it's an ongoing repetition of a past event, fueled by residual energy left over from the original event.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, a residual haunting doesn't necessarily have any intention behind it; it's an ongoing repetition of a past event, fueled by residual energy left over from the original event.
    Oh, that's interesting! Kinda like playing a tape over again? I like that a lot.
    "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes like a broken record if you want to think of it that way lol It replays because energy can't be destroyed so that's all it does. Would get boring if you ask me but, oh well lol

ah so the event must have been something that was heavily charged with energy. spiritual, emotional, whatever...and that energy just replays itself

Quote Originally Posted by NovembersMedium View Post
    Yes like a broken record if you want to think of it that way lol It replays because energy can't be destroyed so that's all it does. Would get boring if you ask me but, oh well lol

Very cool, and I totally agree with your idea of energy. I always wondered if EVP's were just playbacks of previous events, rather than actual hauntings.
    Last edited by Gaudior; April 27th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast