Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - HBO Series

Game of Thrones - HBO Series

So ... the amazing book by George R.R. Martin "Game of Thrones" has been put on TV by HBO. I've watched two episodes and it is to TV what the book is to fantasy literature. They must have an amazing budget, and the casting is nearly prefect!

So ... has anyone else seen this show yet??

I just got a box set the books but haven't started reading them yet. The first episode didn't seem too impressive but the second one picked up the pace a lot more. The nice thing about not having read the books is not knowing what's going to happen but I'd assume that pretty soon I'll be ahead of the show.
    "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
    -Me

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

I have to say I was very sceptically of the series but watched it and loved it, watch to episodes and hd to run out and buy the books. and again I was 95% sure I wasn't going to like Im not really into Fantasy but love love the book to. Great

Been watching it so far, and I LOVE it. They have an amazing cast, amazing locations, amazing budget... they'd have to do something really stupid to screw this up.
    "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
    We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

i really love what they've done so far, and i think that has plenty to do with the fact that george r.r. martin is a co-producer for the series. as of the second episode, the tv version has been true to the books. however, some of my friends who haven't read the books spent so much time trying to figure out what exactly was going on while they were watching that they missed out on the subtle details that really make the series great.

honestly, it's not a terrible thing for people to have to learn some canon in order to keep up. it's a comforting thought that the show's creators are catering more to fans of the books than simplifying it just to reach a broader audience -- of course, it's gorgeously realized enough that you could watch it for the aesthetics alone and be satisfied.

it's a dense, visceral book series that is becoming a dense, visceral tv show -- and that's the way it ought to be.

Quote Originally Posted by onyxkatze View Post
    i really love what they've done so far, and i think that has plenty to do with the fact that george r.r. martin is a co-producer for the series. as of the second episode, the tv version has been true to the books. however, some of my friends who haven't read the books spent so much time trying to figure out what exactly was going on while they were watching that they missed out on the subtle details that really make the series great.
    Yes, I agree, and with the books you have MUCH better understanding of who everyone is ... and knowing what's coming helps you pick up on those smaller details that you miss even in the books.

I haven't read the books but I LOVE the show.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

As a fan of the books I'm happy as well but I have to say I forgot who some of the people where xD

It's on HD and I haven't got this channel, but look forward to seeing this when it comes out on either DVD or Freeview. I haven't read those books. From what I could make out with the adverts of this series, it looks fantastic. Sean Bean is one of my favourite actors.
    The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.

I'm starting to love Game of Thrones. I especially love the atmosphere and the aesthetics, the photography and scenery are stunning! I'm impressed that although we have so many characters, most of them are substantial and well-presented. The acting is beautiful and even from the first episodes you begin to root for some of the characters and care about what happens to them.

Although i am a huge fan of fantasy novels i have not read "A song of ice and fire" and it looks like it a pretty wonderful book. I definately want to buy the book series but i am not sure i want to lose the suspense yet and be spoilered too much. Because then i will expect all of my favourite parts of the book to come on screen quickly.lol

John Snow and Daenerys are two of my favourite characters and from what i've read they are pretty important in the book series too. And of course Ned Stark, Sean Bean is an amazing actor.

Runa : You can always watch the episodes online, like i do.

Oh, the summer time is coming,
    And the trees are blooming,
    And the wild mountain thyme
    Grows around the blooming heather.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast