Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - HBO Series

Okay, so some may remember my Facebook comment (or not, probably not), but I torrented the series since everyone seems to love it. I started to watch and by episode 3 became very bored and perplexed as to why I wasn't falling in love with the series.

I was watching it on VLC player and it allows you to speed up/down the audio/video without messing with the playback (it's just quicker/slower), so I ended up getting through episode 3 by speeding it up... Heh.

I haven't deleted the remaining episodes, but I haven't watched them either. I suppose eventually I will, just to give it a chance. I feel like I should have liked it more than I did. The only storyline I thought was interesting was with the horse people. The incest was meh. I think the hint of incest in The Borgias is far more fascinating. And the other storylines where drawn out.

It seems everyone here enjoys it. Perhaps I'm just weird. I don't know!

Is the second season better?
    Last edited by Agaliha; June 3rd, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

I wouldn't say you're weird Agaliha. I couldn't watch all of season 1 and haven't even bothered to keep up with season 2. However I did buy the book set (only the first 3) because of season 1. Now I'm just saving up for the last book. I don't think I'll return to watching the series unless it is a really slow tv night. :D
    What We have fought and bled for will never be lost to us.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I mean, I know there are others out there that aren't as taken with the series as everyone else, but I haven't come across many.

Season Finale was AWESOME!!! I didn't want it to end. I'm doing things the other way around though; we've just finished Season 2 and I'm only just starting the second book. I'm loving the books as well.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

I like finally being able to get a look at the white walkers.
    "Oh yeah, well quote this!"
    -Me

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

First person to notice this text doesn't win a prize.

Quote Originally Posted by WokeUpDead View Post
    I like finally being able to get a look at the white walkers.
    Definitely, we've only gotten a few glimpses of them so far.
    "Knowledge without mileage is bullsh*t"... Henry Rollins

"That moral high horse is a tough perch to stay on"... Me

"PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious"...Anthony Bourdain

R.I.P. MiLo
    Run free and catch the rabbits
    4/7/96 - 11/30/10

Bumpity Bump Bump BUMP!!!

JON SNOW IS ALIVE , DAMNIT!

is offline "Ah-HOW-ten-EE-tays" (just call me Jenn)
    I'm all caught up with this thread for another year. I've been watching the series a season behind (because we don't have HBO). So, I'll be back in a year! LOL!
    ~ * ~ * ~ Here's my latest art on Fine Art America ~ * ~ * ~

I also do commissions, so if you're interested in having me paint something specifically for you, just contact me. Mention that you're an MW member, and get a 5% discount on your specially commissioned piece. And if the piece has an animal as the subject, I'll see to it that future sales of the prints also benefit a rescue organization devoted to that species/breed.)

is offline Jewish Renewalist/Who knows?
    I've been a big fan of the show so far, but was a bit disappointed with the latest season. I was expecting more from the Sand Snakes. When I read the summary of what they did in the books they seemed a bit more intelligent then they were on screen, and they seemed to have more complex motivations.
    Better Know a Child Ballad

My Deviantart Page

I cannot wait for the new season to come out in April! I'm a huge fan. I loved the books so a bit disappointed with the show, of course.

If you're considering watching the show, I suggest reading the books first. They are long, yes, but SO worth it! They will suck you in! What I did was read each book, then watched the season.. So once I read book 1, I watched Season 1. It was great to see everything come alive. Honestly, up until season 4 and 5 the show stuck pretty closely to the plot of the books. Its getting to season 4 and especially 5 that the books and show plots differ on many levels. Still entertaining though!

I have 3 cats named after characters of the books/show: Arya, Tyrion and Jon Snow

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast