Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calling Any Empaths!

Calling Any Empaths!

For a few years now, I have been curious about empathy. I don't know enough about it to say I am or am not empathic, but, I'd love to know more. Any sources you have, or what tipped you off that you are an empath would be much appreciated!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.amway.com/All-Dolled-Up

~ Keep your face toward the sun and shadows will fall behind ~

Quote Originally Posted by nickollette View Post
    For a few years now, I have been curious about empathy. I don't know enough about it to say I am or am not empathic, but, I'd love to know more. Any sources you have, or what tipped you off that you are an empath would be much appreciated!!

What they said. :D *stalks thread*

Quote Originally Posted by nickollette View Post
    This is a very general definition of empathic.
    http://www.mirriam-webster.com/dicti...o&+=1301420786

I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you that often times I feel other people's pain as if it were my own. I pick up on the energy around other people and sometimes animals.

What Tipped me off that I was an empath?
    A friend's mother who was a former Belly Dancer and Psychic or Empath told me I was an empath at about age 14. She also told me it is both a Blessing and a Curse at the same time. Her advice to me at that time was "Use your Gift Wisely, Protect both your Mind and Spirit WELL."
    I have found that IF I protect my Mind and Spirit WELL, It truly is a Gift!
    I will give you the same advice whether you decide that is yoGift or not .
    Blessings on your Journey.

Starlit Nox:

Seriously, I am somewhat empathic... I've sort of been able to sense other people's feelings since childhood but didn't think much of it until I got older (I was a devoutly narrow minded Christian as a child/teenager, much as I hate to say that!!) and started realizing that I could sense others' emotions even when they were far away from me. The older I became, the more accepting of it I was.

The experience that taught me that I was empathic? Feeling my father die 14 years ago. I've since learned how to put up mental "shielding" so I don't sense things quite so strongly.

I hope this helps.
    "Writing is as vital to me as breathing. Without it, I wouldn't be living, only exisiting." ~ Me

Cloaky

Happy 150th Birthday, Canada!
    1867 - 2017

I consider myself an empath. Didn't really know what to call it til a few years ago.

My mother has been a FANTASTIC empath and I literally made it a goal as a child to be as talented as she was with it and realized later that its a double edged sword.

Now I just shield myself/avoid against the things that are negative about my empathic abilities and use the better half to my advantage.

When I got more confident.. I started slowly sharing my insights with my colleagues and students' parents when the time was right and when it made sense too -- and they just see me as observant, insightful and highly intelligent for it. It definitely has advantages.
    I am... Witchy Woman Incognito
    “Although only breath, words which I command are immortal.” - Sappho

Buuump x3

What does an empath who doesn't want to be an empath do? (If that makes any sense >_> )
    :33

Quote Originally Posted by StarlitNox View Post
    Buuump x3

What does an empath who doesn't want to be an empath do? (If that makes any sense >_> )
    :33
    In my experience of 30 years since I first was aware of my empathy there is nothing you can do, but learn to be able shield and ground yourself and become very fluent in doing so. Become aware of what your emotions are and when your picking up on someone else's. Sure it does not solve everything but I have found personally it does help a lot.

Help! It is almost my best friends time of the month. And I fear this one is going to be bad. I don't want to be bed ridden please help! How do I stop it? Slow it anything.
    I want to learn, I want to expand, I want to internalize

I am trying to learn to read Tarot but haven't found people willing to let me read them. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandramu View Post
    Help! It is almost my best friends time of the month. And I fear this one is going to be bad. I don't want to be bed ridden please help! How do I stop it? Slow it anything.
    I'm confused. It's your friend's time of month and you're empathic so it affects you to the point you're bedridden?

Shielding my friend, the name of the game is shielding.

I don't know how to do shielding. I always get sick when I do any energy work.
    I want to learn, I want to expand, I want to internalize

I am trying to learn to read Tarot but haven't found people willing to let me read them. Suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast