Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie and Television Trivia

Talking Movie Trivia

Okay, we've got history trivia, music trivia, the obvious next step is Movie Trivia!

First question:

In the film The World According to Garp, what song is playing during the opening sequence of baby Garp being tossed up and down in the air in slow motion?
    I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
    When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark.

"There's always a lot of magic, but our way of seeing is very small and we mostly just call it Nature. Why, we are not at all surprised that we can pick an apple in the autumn that was a pink flower in the spring. That's natural magic and we don't really notice it."
    ~ Pidge
    The Hounds of the Morrigan

I am so ashamed!

First off can't believe I didn't think of this and second, I don't know the answer!!!

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

I can't believe you, of all people, don't know the answer either!
    When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark.

"There's always a lot of magic, but our way of seeing is very small and we mostly just call it Nature. Why, we are not at all surprised that we can pick an apple in the autumn that was a pink flower in the spring. That's natural magic and we don't really notice it."
    ~ Pidge

"When I'm 64!" :D

MO, you beat me to it!

Ok, my turn...

In Forest Gump, what beverage does Gump drink 15 of because they were free and then tells President Kennedy that he has to pee?

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

I knew it had to be a beatles song because of your reaction but I've never seen the movie.

Wtchy: Dr. Pepper?

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Thumbs up

Yup, I think that is it. I was wavering between Grape NeHi and Dr Pepper, but I can "hear" him say Dr Pepper but not NeHi!

Way to go, Wtchy! I was beginning to think my first question was going to go unanswered!

Originally posted by chryssi1
    Yup, I think that is it. I was wavering between Grape NeHi and Dr Pepper, but I can "hear" him say Dr Pepper but not NeHi!
    Yeah, I can hear Forrest in my head saying 'I must've had me about 15 Dr. Peppers' - or something like that.

I've never even heard of Grape NeHi ~ maybe it's an American-only drink?

OK, who's got the next question?

BTW, Mith ~ you have GOT to rent that movie!

~ Pidge

Actually, Grape Nehi is just something that hasn't been around in years. So sad

In the movie The Professional, what does Natalie Portman's character do at the end to signify that she is finally home?

Originally posted by Mithrea
    In the movie The Professional, what does Natalie Portman's character do at the end to signify that she is finally home?
    Oh, it's been ages since I saw this movie (worth it just for Gary Oldman ). Is it when she brings the plant for the hitman's apartment?

~ Pidge

She plants it as a symbol of putting down her own roots, yes.

Next?

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast