Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie and Television Trivia

OK, in the movie Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mina is out on the streets of London, and walks past an advertisement for the Lyceum Theatre and the actor Henry Irving. Why is this significant?
    I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
    When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark.

"There's always a lot of magic, but our way of seeing is very small and we mostly just call it Nature. Why, we are not at all surprised that we can pick an apple in the autumn that was a pink flower in the spring. That's natural magic and we don't really notice it."
    ~ Pidge
    The Hounds of the Morrigan

Originally posted by MoonOwl
    Way to go, Wtchy! I was beginning to think my first question was going to go unanswered!

Yeah, I can hear Forrest in my head saying 'I must've had me about 15 Dr. Peppers' - or something like that.

I've never even heard of Grape NeHi ~ maybe it's an American-only drink?

[/SIZE]
    Ok, I'm late, but bravo to those who said Dr. Pepper. :D

And to address the grape Nehi situation--obviously no MASH fans here? It was Radar's favorite.

I'm sorry I can't answer the Bram Stoker question--never seen it.

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

Originally posted by WtchyChick13
    I'm sorry I can't answer the Bram Stoker question--never seen it.
    Well actually, you don't need to have seen it. And I suppose I kind of cheated since simply watching the movie won't help you, you have to know a bit of the background about the story and its author.
    When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark.

"There's always a lot of magic, but our way of seeing is very small and we mostly just call it Nature. Why, we are not at all surprised that we can pick an apple in the autumn that was a pink flower in the spring. That's natural magic and we don't really notice it."
    ~ Pidge

Originally posted by MoonOwl
    Well actually, you don't need to have seen it. And I suppose I kind of cheated since simply watching the movie won't help you, you have to know a bit of the background about the story and its author.

CHEATER! CHEATER!

Only kidding. But I think you need to see it. If it's something on a poster or something--I wouldn't know.

I've never seen that version, but others. :D

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

MoonOwl I think we give.

I had to dig this up because it was forgotten and buried. So I'm going to stick it and suggest we make this Movie and Television Trivia

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

All right, since no one's going to bite (*snicker*), I'll give it up:

The showing of the Lyceum Theatre and the actor Henry Irving was a little nod to Bram Stoker and his novel. Stoker managed the Lyceum, and Irving was an actor at the theatre and is rumored to be one of the primary inspirations for the character of Count Dracula.

How about this one:

In Tim Burton's film Sleepy Hollow, who played the Headless Horseman?

~ Pidge

Christopher Walken played his head but that wasn't Christopher Walken's body

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

I'll take Christopher Walken, since he's the one I was thinking of.

Smartypants!

~ Pidge

:D

Who can tell my what caused the rewrite in Raiders of the Lost Ark that caused the long fight scene between Indiana and the man with the sword to be changed to what we saw in the theaters of Indy simply shooting him after he waves his sword around. It's one of the funniest scenes in the movie and it was an improv. Why did he change it?

Awwww c'mon people! Someone guess at least!

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast