Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie and Television Trivia

Originally posted by Mithrea

:D

Who can tell my what caused the rewrite in Raiders of the Lost Ark that caused the long fight scene between Indiana and the man with the sword to be changed to what we saw in the theaters of Indy simply shooting him after he waves his sword around. It's one of the funniest scenes in the movie and it was an improv. Why did he change it?
    I thought I remember hearing that Harrison Ford thought it would be funny to do the gun scene the way it is now, either as a joke or because he was tired of refilming it...and everyone liked it so much they decided to keep it.

You're on the right track Shpongle, but there was something more specific he said about why he wanted to stop shooting.

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Because he had a fever of 100-something and just wanted to go to bed. :D

I LOVE that scene! :D
    It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

He had a fever and a serious case of the trots and was tired of running from the scene to the toilet. There was no way they were going to be able to get it finished so he improvised and everyone went for it. Yep Star that's one of my faves too

Who's next?

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

In the movie "Independence Day" why was the engagement ring so unique? :D

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

Originally posted by WtchyChick13

In the movie "Independence Day" why was the engagement ring so unique? :D
    *grins* Um...because it had two dolphins on it?
    Oh Noz Oppression!
    Because life is so much more exciting when you're being persecuted.

Easy English Grammar Lesson:

Your - the possessive form of you

You're - a contraction of "you are"

Yea--You got it!!!

Ok, I know I should wait for someone else to ask, but I've got a good one...

On "Cheers" what was Norm's wife's maiden name????

~~~The clock is ticking.~~~ :D

-----------><-------------
    Say it with me: Peace, Prosperity, Persistance.
    THOUGHT = ENERGY = HOPE

Classic Flar: have to go asphyxiate clown
    SMILE! Irving loves you.
    HURRICANE PET HELP: Don't Forget The Pet!!!~~ Petfinder: Hurricane Site

Procrastinate Now, Don't Put It Off--Ellen DeG.

Jesus loves pipe-cleaners.
    Wtchy's Mood: I didn't mean to break Ernesto!

I know it! But only because I googled for it (it was MoonOwl, she made me do it).

Originally posted by Mithrea

I know it! But only because I googled for it (it was MoonOwl, she made me do it).
    Moi? *blinks* I would NEVER do that!
    I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel.
    When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high, and don't be afraid of the dark.

"There's always a lot of magic, but our way of seeing is very small and we mostly just call it Nature. Why, we are not at all surprised that we can pick an apple in the autumn that was a pink flower in the spring. That's natural magic and we don't really notice it."
    ~ Pidge
    The Hounds of the Morrigan

OK, I have a question. Sci Fi fans might be able to get this one.

Avery Brooks won the role of Ben Sisko on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. What other two actors were seriously considered?

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast