Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smoking Mugwort for lucid dreaming?

Smoking Mugwort for lucid dreaming?

Somebody told me you could burn this stuff and if you inhaled the smoke it would help you lucid dream. I'm not willing to try it if it has anything to do with getting high, but i would like to know of any dangers of inhaling mugwort smoke, or if what this person told me was a bunch of phooey

Thanks in advanced

Apparently it's been known to help with dreaming.
    http://www.happyhighherbs.com/Products/pid/124/Mugwort
    I've never used it before, though. I'd... opt for the tea, just because I don't like smoking random herbs.

Well, it's not hallucinogenic or euphoric, so it's not illegal. It is mildly toxic, but only in large doses. Smoking anything carries its own dangers though.

This is very interesting for me as I have had several lucid dreams in my life and honestly that is one of my favorite things to ever happen to me. I would definitely give it a try for sure as long as was educated about proper doses and whatnot.

It's definitely known as a dreamtime herb; I haven't heard of smoking it though. Another popular option is to make a dream pillow with mugwort, or a smudge stick- where I guess you are inhaling some of the smoke but not 'smoking' it like pot or tobacco.
    BB&D
    ~nyx
    Last edited by Nyxchik; May 30th, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Why hurt your lungs with the smoke? Just steep it with some tea and drink it. Use in moderation, and with a sweeter tea, as it is a strong and bitter herb. When I drink it I always dream of sex, though, so YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseKitten View Post
    Why hurt your lungs with the smoke? Just steep it with some tea and drink it. Use in moderation, and with a sweeter tea, as it is a strong and bitter herb. When I drink it I always dream of sex, though, so YMMV.
    This.
    ---

[you have been visited by a heliotrope]

[hi]

I've actually done this using a pipe during ritual before I slept to induce prophetic dreams. It worked really well, and it wasn't at all hard to breath in, although I don't recommend breathing it deep into your lungs. It might be different for you since I'm not sure if you're a habitual smoker like me.

I wouldn't try smoking any herb that I'm not familiar with. I've hurt my lungs already from smoking and I'm giving it up finally. Just drink it with tea and try meditating afterwards. Maybe it will help you have lucid dreaming.

Be Gentle With The Earth

I'm with the majority opinion here. Even though I smoke I'm cautious about smoking herbs. I think mugwort is better as a tea in any event. At least that is what my Mate used to use and it never gave her a bad reaction.
    What We have fought and bled for will never be lost to us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast